DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving home from school today and I see a black Ram behind me. I sold my truck about 7 months ago, but I instantly recognize my old truck. The guy eventually gets beside me and I say, "Hey, that's my old truck." He says oh yeah? Well, needless to say he doesn't believe me. So we pull over and I say to him, I can tell you everything on this thing without even looking at it. He says go ahead.

So I start the list: blue tinted headlight bulbs, upper and lower Grill4U inserts, dent in drivers side quarter panel, 50/20 tint on windows, silver painted interior, chrome door handles, door pins, and tailgate handle and on and on. HE STILL DOESN"T BELIEVE ME! He tells me he bought it 6 months ago and doesn't believe it's my old truck because he didn't buy it from a Honda dealer (where I traded it in) So I say, ok, open the truck. He opens the drivers door, and I say look at the bottom of the door, and you'll see the little tabs I busted off on accident. Look under the drivers seat carpet for the extra speaker wire I stuffed under there because when I got rid of it I didn't feel like snaking it back out. If you still don't believe me, take off the door interiors, and you'll see the JimmiJammers I installed after the truck was broken into.

Long story short, he still didn't believe me. Thought it was funny that I could tell him more about his truck than he knew but thought I was lying. Just made me realize how much I missed you guys. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
LOL Its funny that dude didn't believe you. I wonder if you pulled out an old proof of insurance with the VIN on it, if he would believe you then. Whats funny is I saw my old truck again this morning.

I see it every once in a while, the kid that bought it lives in the same area as me, but clear on the other side of the development and I don't know where. The key giveaway was my shitty Herculiner bedliner and the door spears. In late 02 I put on these chrome door spears that a seller on ebay was making. This was before Dodge made their spears available in chrome. These are flat and don't have the curvature of the stockers. I liked that truck a lot, I still wonder if he knows it has a remote start alarm?

KB

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
well i saw my truck a while ago as well. it just so happened that i found a spare key and remote and had it in the truck i walked up to the guy at a gas station and said hey you bought my old truck! he looked at melike i was stupid and said what? i said you bought my truck. he was like ooh ok so what. i said will i found the old remote to it if he wanted it. he was like yeah. well his attutude was "im better than you, i have your truck." i told him here it is and then stuck it back inmy pocket and tlod him i was just trying to be polite and there was no need for him to be an a$$ so i stuck it back in my pocket and walked in to the gas sation. once i got home i cut the key in half and smashed the remote. i would have helped the guy on any questions he might of had but he was acting better than me so i said forget it. ooh well his loss.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
03ramit1 said:
well i saw my truck a while ago as well. it just so happened that i found a spare key and remote and had it in the truck i walked up to the guy at a gas station and said hey you bought my old truck! he looked at melike i was stupid and said what? i said you bought my truck. he was like ooh ok so what. i said will i found the old remote to it if he wanted it. he was like yeah. well his attutude was "im better than you, i have your truck." i told him here it is and then stuck it back inmy pocket and tlod him i was just trying to be polite and there was no need for him to be an a$$ so i stuck it back in my pocket and walked in to the gas sation. once i got home i cut the key in half and smashed the remote. i would have helped the guy on any questions he might of had but he was acting better than me so i said forget it. ooh well his loss.
LMAO...whats funny is I can picture you doing that Chris. :thatfunny

KB

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Shoulda clicked it front of him and then stepped on it....lol

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
LOL. Yeah, set the panic button off and walk into the store. After he shuts it off turn it on again. LOL Follow him in traffic for a few blocks and randomly turn the panic on a few more times. Ha Ha

KB

·
452 Posts
03ramit1 said:
i actually thought of that but by that time it was allready gone.
or move it to the other side of the parking lot when he goes into the store :D

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
bigcountry739 said:
or move it to the other side of the parking lot when he goes into the store :D
as funny as that would be im on a military instiallation i doubt that the military police would find that amusing.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
KB112 said:
LOL. Yeah, set the panic button off and walk into the store. After he shuts it off turn it on again. LOL Follow him in traffic for a few blocks and randomly turn the panic on a few more times. Ha Ha

KB
ahaa, exactly what I was thinking

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I see my Dad’s old truck from time to time. When the kid was in high school, he used it a deliver pizzas. Now he’s in college but I still see the old truck during the summer when he comes home during the break.

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
Well since it was brought back up, i see mine every once in a while. :bawl:

I traded it in and a week later a guy down the street from me on base bought it for more than i was asking when it was sitting in the driveway!! :banghead:

Anway, i thought i could relate to the subject..and perhaps help matt hit 1000 posts :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.