DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving behind a 2nd Gen 2500 doing about 65 on the freeway, when out of nowhere he starts hitting his brakes. I move over a lane and see that he has a death grip on the steering wheel, a panicked WTF look on his face and the front tires are bouncing like crazy.

It seemed the wobble did not stop until he came to an almost complete stop. Kind of scary being that close to him but, even worse for him.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Never seen it in person but that would be scary as f*** if that happened to me....which is why I am doing any lift if I ever do a lift right.

·
Biggin
910 Posts
I get it slightly but only when I hit a bump at high speeds on the highway and i'm turning.

Its an odd combination of factors that have to add up correctly.

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
shocks can really help tame it
i had to drive my truck one front shock short one time
hit an expansion joint doing about seventy slightly turning and putting weight on the un dampened spring
BAM, had to slow way down, death wobble out the anus!

warped rotors, worn tie rod ends, worn control arms bushings all allow it left to right
worn shocks, ball joints, bad tire pressure, all stick you with it up and down

·
Registered
704 Posts
The bottom mount on my d/s shock let go one time on my gmc sierra while i was going 75mph over a very bumpy area....i tell you when you loose a shock completely ITS SCARY AS HELL!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
been there had that, its freaking scary. if you have old unbalanced tires its very easy for the truck to go into death wobble. ya there is a lot of factors to this issue. shocks, steering stabilizers, tires, track bars tie rods. the list goes on forever and ends with a new front end

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
been there had that, its freaking scary. if you have old unbalanced tires its very easy for the truck to go into death wobble. ya there is a lot of factors to this issue. shocks, steering stabilizers, tires, track bars tie rods. the list goes on forever and ends with a new front end

Yup, & I am only about half done. I have replaced upper & lower ball joints with Carli x-treme duty ball joints $800, Carli CroMo control arms $950, Carli CroMo adj track bar $345, triple seal Spicer U-joints $140, PSC steering box brace (modded for the Power Wagon) $185.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Holy shit! Thats a lot of money ^

·
Dark Night
511 Posts
i almost had a death wobble... instead my tire just blew up going 70 down the highway... the whole sidewall just gave out...

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Haha fun ^. Ya I saw the thread. Thats crazy

·
Registered
439 Posts
steering brace is my next toy to buy. i swear dodge should really do something bout all this money being spent on front ends.

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
X3...........I have had DW....you will poop your pants...
mine was caused by weak sidewalls on some BFG AT's and the 2nd time it happened it was the steering stabilizer...:ugh

·
Registered
439 Posts
hey weren't you supposed to get new rims (silverhemidan) or do i got the wrong guy?

·
Registered
474 Posts
is this wobble feel like your truck is basically swaying in the back?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.