DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased this Ram 2500 in Feb 2011 and thought I would make a page to show the mods and other things done to it.

Day I bought her New BFG Rugged Trails 265/70/17 - dealer put on

First mod: Added factory Tow mirrors that someone swapped with non power mirrors.

Then added factory Bed Rail Protectors. Tailgate not added yet as it needs a little work.

Added Bilstein on four corners

I followed that with a factory Bed Liner. Its out of a 2010, had to cut the stake holes a litte but it fits.

No pic yet.

Went from rusted Flowmaster to a Stainless Steel JBA Catback:

Added factory Mopar step bars:

One of my factory BFG tires had a tear in part of the treadwall. Called BFG and told me to take it to Sears, which was closest to me. Had about 6k on tires. BFG told sears to replace with my choice of BFG or Michelin. Only thing I had to pay out of pocket is valve steams. Not too shabby, you just earned a lifetime customer. Anyways ordered 285/70/17 BFG AT KO's. See pic above for new tires.

Ordered Weathertech's for front and rear. Love these mats

Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Electronic Brake Control (purchased from 11HemiNate)

RBQ 6-disc factory changer from (purchased from rammintwins) - yet to install

*Plug Change
*F&R Diff Synethic Amsoil Change
*Throttle body cleaned
*Front axle seal replaced
*Pass Side manifold bolts replaced

To be continued

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Those are some nice tires. I bet that exhaust sounds good too.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Hey Man! It only takes like ten minutes to install that head unit. Get it done!!! You don't need the Infinity amp to run it either. It should work just fine as is...

The truck really needs a green SRT10 hood on it to really set it apart from all the other ones on the road too.....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are some nice tires. I bet that exhaust sounds good too.
Ill have to let you hear it. It has a good rumble, but not obnoxious. HA need to add I bought the third brake light from you.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Man! It only takes like ten minutes to install that head unit. Get it done!!! You don't need the Infinity amp to run it either. It should work just fine as is...

The truck really needs a green SRT10 hood on it to really set it apart from all the other ones on the road too.....
I would pop that baby in if i had it.....i just paid for it yesterday...haha

Ya i hear ya on the hood. It does look great, but going to keep the stocker. I thought u sold that thing a while ago...

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Had it up for sale a couple months ago and changed my mind. Now, once again, it's up for sale. This time I actually have it off the truck already. I think these trucks look just as good with the stock hood. I still like the hood but I have no problem selling it to someone who really wants it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure you will sell it, esp since it OEM. I would pay a little more for that rather than have a knock off.

I found a tailgate!!! Mine had a little damage due to previous owner. Its not worth fixing bc since they just sprayed over it and didnt fix it the first time, correctly, it has a little rust from inside out. I have been looking for a tailgate that was clean and wont break the bank. I still will have to get it painted.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I have a brand new tailgate in my garage for the past year waiting for me to get it painted. I got a quote for $100 which is cheap and I don't know why I haven't done it yet...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
100 bucks is def a great price....

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Yeah, it was a mobile body guy that I found on Craigslist and he kept pushing to come to where my truck is and paint it there. I'd rather have it done in a shop so that's probably why I hesitated...

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Be Cool!
985 Posts
Looking forward to further progress!

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
I remember, it was in the kroger parking lot when I sold you the 3rd...lol Keep an eye in the regional forums, we have gtgs at least every 2 months, maybe make it to one someday.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I remember, it was in the kroger parking lot when I sold you the 3rd...lol Keep an eye in the regional forums, we have gtgs at least every 2 months, maybe make it to one someday.
Ya man sounds great....I prob would have went to the one in Clarksville. Thats where i went to college...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the same exhaust. I like it. Not much for drone inside the cab either. Here are some vids when I put it on 4 years ago. Seemed to get a bit loader with age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9iWMCjkKM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=662iwiFpmoY

Nice RAM and mods btw! Keep it up!
Thanks! Before I bought the JBA, I watched that on youtube and your truck sounded great...Glad to know your on the msg board. How is it holding up? I went ahead and welded mine together.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Updated progress:

Installed Mopar Cab Lights. Not the best pic, but it will work until I can get better ones. Bought from a Dodge dealer in NC. Great shipping prices and no tax.

New Dually Tailgate added. Its a craigslist find. Thought it would look good with the cab lights

·
Registered
871 Posts
Its looking good man, keep it up!! Nice color too, looks like your Camaro is white too?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its looking good man, keep it up!! Nice color too, looks like your Camaro is white too?
ITs hard to see in my sig. Its light pewter metallic. Here is a pic. We seem to have good taste, Ram and a Camaro...haha....Tell me a little about yours.

·
Registered
871 Posts
ITs hard to see in my sig. Its light pewter metallic. Here is a pic. We seem to have good taste, Ram and a Camaro...haha....Tell me a little about yours.

Good taste, I hear that! :) Mine is actually a 95, not an ls1 but I still love her! Did a front end conversion and then painted the whole car in my garage. Nothing crazy just all bolt on stuff, lowered etc... Keep thinking a heads/cam package but she has 50k on it and I hate to mess with it, she's a nice cruiser and still got decent power however she rarely comes out!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.