DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to change out the stock radio in my '06 1500 SLT RC LB

I would like a receiver that has satellite radio built in to it.

i checked crutchfield but didnt see many options. i definitely dont want the little extra satellite gismo thing.. space is already limited in a regular cab. ;)

i'd like it to be in-dash and clean..

i'd also like to know if any RC guys (non-quad cab) are running a box behind their seat(s)? i would like my dodge to have a little bump to it.. nothing severe, but i do enjoy the occasional rap. :D

a little rick ross never hurt nobody.

anyways, i'd like to start out with a satellite receiver... any input would be appreciated... pics would be awesome... thanks everyone.

:gr_patrio

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
I don't know of any aftermarket radios that are completely satellite functional. As far as I know you have to still get the sirius or xm module that you can mount behind the dash and then you control everything with your satellite "ready" deck.

Here is a pic of my stereo. I have the Sirius module mounted up behind my glove box, and right now I have the antenna under the dash too, but I don't always get the best reception.

· sans sanity
1,538 Posts
I built a custom sub box with a couple of tens firing up for my old 02 (long gone and no pics, sorry). You get rid of that plastic bin and you have plenty of room to work with as long as your carpentry skills are average or better. I got matching carpet and it blended perfectly with the interior and was invisible with the seats back. It was basically two small contoured sealed boxes with a bottom support connecting the two and covering the lack of carpet there as well as providing a base for storage between the subs now that the bin was gone.

· Retired Guy
1,212 Posts
the Alpine 9820CDXM has the XM sattelite built into it. I have had one for about 3 years and it works great.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
fireman46 said:
the Alpine 9820CDXM has the XM sattelite built into it. I have had one for about 3 years and it works great.
cool...well you learn something new every day :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.