DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Project Kenpachi '07-
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time they came up with this one. Or maybe it's just for my particular truck? Since I've had this truck, I've been able to pull my key out while the motor was running. No big deal really, other than the fact that my ride might just happen to roll off unattended while I'm inside waiting to warm engine up during the winter :help:

·
Registered
595 Posts
sounds GREAT to me..... start it up and take the key out and lock the doors.... if my truck had that it would be great.. i say leave it

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ya fords used to be able to do this in the early 90's. Don't know if they still do since I don't buy Found On Road Deads anymore, but I'd leave it.

·
Project Kenpachi '07-
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm seriously contemplating it. Since Kansas has that crappy law that says it's illegal to leave your vehicle running with the key in the ignition, it's all too tempting.

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
your truck can still be stolen this way. Get a remote starter and then you are at least protected by the brake feature. If someone tries to steal it they have to step on the brake to put it in gear and tha shuts off the truck.

If you go to a minute mart you can just hit the starter button again while not stepping on the brake which will reingage the unit. You can then turn your key off remove the key and the truck stays running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.