Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

What's your best repair recommendation for the depicted photo? It's my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel. I already ordered the bushings. It appears the sway bar is lifted from the chasis. Would it be okay once the rusted part has been repaired with a 1/16" steel plate to just bolted it back to the chasis using the force of the bolt to pull both the bushing bracket and the chasis together?

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have or know someone with a good welding machine...anywhere from 90+ amp fluxcore to a 5 trillion amp monster breathing MIG welder to a simple stick or oxyacetylene torch? I wouldn't let that go for too long. There's allot of torsion/tension on that spot. Cut that cancer away and put in place some 12-14 gauge weld steel then reseal her.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have or know someone with a good welding machine...anywhere from 90+ amp fluxcore to a 5 trillion amp monster breathing MIG welder to a simple stick or oxyacetylene torch? I wouldn't let that go for too long. There's allot of torsion/tension on that spot. Cut that cancer away and put in place some 12-14 gauge weld steel then reseal her.
Thanks bud. I have a professional welder friend that going to handle this job in two weeks in exchange for some pc work he needs done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.