DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was waxing my truck yesterday and when i was getting some of the tar spots off the bottom of my truck i noticed that on the bottom of my drivers side door the paint has chipped off and its rusted underneath. I went and looked at the passengers side and its the same way but not as bad. Would that be covered under warranty to get it fixed or should i even worry about it since its where nobody can see it or will it get worse if I dont do anything about it. My truck only has 5k miles on it so i still have the factory warranty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think rust on the outer body is covered under warranty... not 100% sure though.

If you can't get them replaced... I'd definitely do something about it because the rust will "spread" in ways. The rest of your door will start to get moisture underneath the paint and it has the potential to wreck your door. I might be wrong, someone will correct me if I am.

I know there is a paint that you can use over rusted metal and its supposed to totally cover over that metal and stop all rust deterioration but I'm pretty sure its quite expensive per can.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Always fix rust spots they never get better as time goes on. Just sand down to "clean" metal (remove all rust) and prime and repaint. What are you driving and do you have some type of mud flap on it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.