DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 04 D that has a rust spot right on the back tailgate, the auto body manager said they have had several where when the factory put the chrome on they chipped the paint and later it rusts. Then the service manager takes the picture and says he will send it to DC to see if they will approve it. He made it sound like they wouldnt because I bought it used even though it still has the 5/100k corrosion warranty and the remainder of the bumper to bumper. Any truth that buying it used invalidates the factory warranty. Great site btw...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Depends on whether it was used as a rental or not. If it was a rental then it wouldn't have the warranty. That's my understanding.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Then it sounds like it's covered. See what the Service Manager says. If he says that DC won't cover it, ask to see their reply in writing. And talk to DC yourself if you're not happy with his answer. Sometimes that's what it takes to get things done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got call back last night saying they did approve it, now gonna get them to fix the selt belt cover deals on the tsb and might as well have them replace the oddly faded step sides as well under tsb. It just threw me for a loop them saying it might not be covered cause I wouldn't have bought it if the warranty didnt transfer (that little rust spot got me a nice deal on this ride as well).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.