DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What ever means necessary
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at methods to remove rust other than wire wheels and send blasting. There are a lot of chemicals out there for this but I do not have any experience working with them. Have any of you worked with this type of stuff? Is there one brand to type I should use over others? I do not want to just paint over the rust. I want it completely removed down to bare metal and be able to prime and paint the surface when done. I prefer it be water soluble and not require any expensive tools or equipment for application or removal. Are there any suggestions?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
-------->>Moved to the Body Repair/Detailing area

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
If you blast off the rust you wont need POR15. Por15 is a rust converter/stabilizer. A good epoxy/etching primer will do. You never said where the rust is? Is it just surface rust?

I prefer it be water soluble and not require any expensive tools or equipment for application or removal.
This might not be possible.

·
What ever means necessary
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mostly chassis rust is what I am dealing with right now. The frame has a lot but I cannot tear the truck all the way down for blasting like I ussually would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.