DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 97 Stratus, and last winter put a hell of a beating on the bottom part of my car, rust wise.

On the lower part of the car you can see quite a bit of rust. I was wondering, if I was to buy a body kit, or just side skirts. If it would cover that bottom area up, along with covering the rust up as well. Anyone have side skirts on their Stratus than can verify how much they cover?

·
FEAR THE 2.5!!!
371 Posts
personally i would leave it alone and not spend that kind of money. we're heading into the winter now, and the body kit that you'd put on would suffer the same fate. you'd spend all that $$$ and it would look good for like...a day

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rust never sleeps

Rust never sleeps.

The best way to FIX the problem, is to sand it bare prime it, and paint or black under coating looks good too.

Putting on ground effects w/out fixing the rust will speed the process. A kit will hold mud and snow inside.

The new Epoxy paints are a breeze (haha) to use. They are not granpa's paint. A good homeowner HVPL gun is only about $50.

I repainted mine (Dodge - Stone White) myself. The paint and primer/thinners $300, compressor and gun $150, filler and glazing putty $60.
Results... pricless!

You can do it, if you try.

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.