DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 stratus 2.4 and it has started over time idling very rough (it doesn't get drove much and sat for 4 months)I had the check engine light checked and 5 different codes came up. By the way, the check engine light does not stay on, it goes on and off. The codes read 1389, 0123, 0108, 1297, & 0134. Which mean No shut down relay output voltage at PCM, TPS imput above max, MAP volt too high, no change in MAP from start to run, and O2 sensor stays at center neither rich nor lean is detected from O2 sensor imput. Where in the world do I start to fix this?? Is there one thing causing all this, or are all these not related? Please help! Thanks! :help:

·
Registered
97 Posts
FIRST... run out the four month old gas!!!! Bad gas burns crappy, gums and cloggs up everything! If it is going to sit, use "Stabill" gas stablizer before you park it.

I would replace the O2 sensor and TPS first, about $40 ea. and fairly easy to reach. These are also common to fail.

Check the plug's terminals first, if rusted or coroaded, that may be the problem. I often see bad connections cause the PCM to get bad input and disrupt output. Most plugs are weatherproof (little rubber seals), but they do fail sometimes.

Make repairs, clear the codes, take a long drive, rescan for codes.

It's odd to me, the MAP error. Again, check it's connections. Maybe get a used MAP from the bone yard as a test before you buy a new one, just to see if the code goes away or changes. I suspect the error is in the MAP circuit, not the sensor itself.
Same would apply to the shut down error.

·
FEAR THE 2.5!!!
371 Posts
also, try disconnecting the negative battary cable and leaving it for a few minutes. then reconnect it and test drive. this of course being after the old fuel is out, cause, believe it or not, they make gas differently in the winter time than in the summer time (seriously). it is to improve gas milage in different temps. but anyway, disconnecting the battary cable will reset the computer. this will clear any imperfections in the computer and it will go back to stock. may not fix the problem, but its a free place to start

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.