DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after putting my new custom kooks longtube headers and y-pipe on my check engine light came on. this was like a month after! i also have a k&n cold air intake. i am wondering i now have to take it to a dyno shop to recalibrate my mapping? i cant trust any of the dealerships around me. i brought my truck to the better of the 2 and they spent 3hrs looking at my truck and all they could find was a small exhaust leak about 14" after my right catalytic converter right at the clamp. so they put a new clamp on it and called it good. 200 bucks later im still pissed... i originally thought i found the problem when i saw a half melted line that went to my transmission. then i was told i was just a shifting cable and that wouldn't cause my problem. and to top it off my inspection was up on 4-30-10, so im kinda screwed right now... any help or any ideas would be great thanks...

·
Tex
3,717 Posts
i don't think a shop will be able to change your engine tuning with an edge and i'm not sure if SCT supports 07s, you will need a diablo and a CMR tune IF in fact you are running lean. Do you have a wideband to confirm this?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i just cleared them again before i read this. i just tightened every bolt and clamp on my exhaust system. but the codes should be back up in a day or 2. i dont no the code # but what it say is fuel trim system lean bank 1 and the other is bank 2.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Cycle the key on and off 3 times, it will give you the code. We can't help too much without the code. You can try a power wire or resistor mod on the IAT sensor, try a 180* tstat, these should richin it up a bit. I have a small exhaust leak right behind my passenger cat, and I get a p0430 cat efficiency bank 2, I clear it with my tuner and it comes back in a week or 2.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Did they reset the computer before they started the engine? You might start there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup they cleared it then i drove over 150miles and it came back on. well 2 of the codes came back on P2096: downstream fuel trim system 1 lean, P0420: Catalyst Efficiency (Bank 1), and the other code that was on earlier today that when i just checked wasn't on but its the downstream fuel trim system 2 lean. these codes were given to me by my evolutions programmer

·
1,965 Posts
I got that code on and off for 3yrs. Before my custom tune. Its mostly from the no/highflow cat code and headers. Just clear it and it should go away for awhile. Other wise get a custom tune to fix it where they can delete your rear O2 sensors and maybe add alittle fuel to richen up your tune.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you guys really think that diablo will fix it ill buy 1 and whats this air fuel gauge. doesnt the diablo take care of all that?

·
Registered
311 Posts
if you guys really think that diablo will fix it ill buy 1 and whats this air fuel gauge. doesnt the diablo take care of all that?
A/F gauge needs to be a wideband. these are to enable you to monitor "all the time" the lean/rich condition of your mixture. 14.5ish at idle and part throttle, and should richen up to 12.5ish at WOT.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
the Diablo will fix it if you get a custom tune for it...but if it's runnin lean then i would change the tstat to a 180 (to add a little more fuel). The Diablo can monitor your a/f's in closed loop (most of our driving)... for cat codes you'll probably need to do the steel wool/plug foulers..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
or the dyno jet wideband commander. i dont really no to much about all this.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is there any other suggestions before i buy the moes performance afr. i just bought the diablo and it should be here in a couple of days

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
should i also get a tstat 180? to get more fuel or will the custom tune get me to where i want to be. i have to pass inspection soon so no lights on

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
should i also get a tstat 180? to get more fuel or will the custom tune get me to where i want to be. i have to pass inspection soon so no lights on
If you have a programmer, you should have a 180 Jet t-stat. I ran my truck for years without the 180 t-stat and I didn't have any problems. But once I chanced it out, I got a big bump in power and the truck ran great.

:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool thanks im gunna order it all tonite and hopefully its all idiot proof. haha thank you everyone i love this dodge site

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.