DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they have a Rumble Bee possible an 04 using an electric exhaust cut out? Where did you put the cut out? I know to get the best performance I should install the cut out before the cats! But their isn't much room under there. Should I move the cats a little closer to the rear and install a H-pipe setup with one cut out? Or should I use two cut outs. I'm not sure if the 04 regular Hemi has the same exhaust system or does it? Any suggestions??

· Banned
3,901 Posts
Regular cab HEMI's have one cat, while Quad cabs have two. There are a few RC HEMI's do have two. Since you said "cats" in plural, I'm guessing your Bee has got two. So:

1. You can bump the cats down and allow for more room to add the cutout.
2. You can leave the cats where they bee and add the H-pipe RIGHT before the cat on the turn from the manifold. That is what I did. If you do this, two cats are not necessary.

If I would do it again, I would add headers when them. Put the cutout before the header and run the cats normally. That would give you MAX sound and performance.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This might sound dumb but how would you install the cut out before the header?

· Banned
3,901 Posts
rumbleT said:
This might sound dumb but how would you install the cut out before the header?
It sounds dumb, probably cause it is dumb. LOL! My mistake....put the cutout AFTER the headers. You want the headers BEFORE the cutout. Sorry!

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats cool, I definatly want to get headers. But I doubt it will happen anytime soon. I just got 456 gears put in, and purchased on of Nicks intakes. But I want some good sound a.s.a.p. So do you think it would be best to get two cutouts considering that I will eventually have headman headers, and move the cats down a little?

· Banned
3,901 Posts
You got 2 cats?

If so, leave the cats where they be. Just get 1 cutout and have a H-pipe built. Then use the dough you would have used on a 2nd cutout and get some headers later on. That should work!!!

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya two cats!

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good, thanks for the tip!

· Banned
3,901 Posts
hey....i got myself all confused.....do this:

Get your cutouts...two of them
Get your headers
Get your y-pipe

Run them like this......Headers => Y-pipe> 2 Cutouts => Stock cats/High-flow cats => muffler (stock or aftermarket) => hack off resonator

DO THAT!!!

· Banned
7,225 Posts
Rumble.t i replied in your previous post in the other thread. TTURedRaider, don't you think that 2 EC would be too much even if he had 2 cats? I say just build the custom crossover pipe (the h-pipe) and put 1 EC there. I don't know... btw i have 2 cats on my regular cab. MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

· Banned
3,901 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
Rumble.t i replied in your previous post in the other thread. TTURedRaider, don't you think that 2 EC would be too much even if he had 2 cats? I say just build the custom crossover pipe (the h-pipe) and put 1 EC there. I don't know... btw i have 2 cats on my regular cab. MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Like you said in another thread, until someone else runs 2 EC, then we will never really know. I guess, after I get my headers, I may be the first. I think Matt would be the #1 guy on this though. He helped me a lot. Send him a PM.

One cutout or two? To be continued...

· Banned
3,901 Posts
Kappa, would you rather run like this:

Headers => Cutout => Stock cats/High-flow cats => muffler (stock or aftermarket) => hack off resonator

That what you thinking?

· Banned
3,901 Posts

· Registered
406 Posts
To get the benefit of an open exhaust, you have to move the cats and put the Cutouts after the header. Otherwise, you will just have an expensive noisemaker. If you move the cats, you will need to run your crossover y pipe after the engine. Then you will have to lengthen you after cat o2 sensor wire.

· Banned
3,901 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
what would the performance/sound be if you just put one cutout before the muffler?

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cut out

From what I have heard you get better performance installing the cut out before the cat because there is less back pressure!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.