DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need detailed pics and measurements for a mounted Rumble Bee hood scoop, like the tip of the scoop to the front of the grill for example, and the width of the front end of the scoop and scoop opening. I took damage yesterday from a flying piece of pipe that pole vaulted on the hood leaving a hole in the hood. Hoping that the scoop can cover up the damage to minimize the amount body work needed.

Here's the 'hole'. 11.5" from the front (hood sheetmetal) and 6" to the left of the passenger side hood bulge.

MikeyB

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Insurance won't cover it since it was moving when you hit it?

I'll measure out where your hole is and see if it will be covered. I'm at school right now so it'll have to wait until this afternoon. Another option may be do find a truck (Rumble Bee, Daytona, or Hemi Sport if you want the scoop) that was in a rear end collision. Maybe you could get a SRT-10 hood ;)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Look's like it will cover it.Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insurance won't cover it since it was moving when you hit it?

I'll measure out where your hole is and see if it will be covered. I'm at school right now so it'll have to wait until this afternoon. Another option may be do find a truck (Rumble Bee, Daytona, or Hemi Sport if you want the scoop) that was in a rear end collision. Maybe you could get a SRT-10 hood ;)

Thanks. I have a $1k deduct so the hood repair might be close to that.

MikeyB

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Like i said Mikey it will cover it.It will wind up just under the scoop opening.(which is 10 3/4 in. from the edge of the hood to the plastic insert edge) Also you can easily move the scoop foward a little if need be.

·
Victims arent we all
1,826 Posts
your in texas you should criagslist dodge parts,,,last i seen in your area they had some 3rd gen hoods for sale,,,just making a suggestion

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Dang MikeyB! Lucky it didn't hit further back!!!

You know what I've got for sale if you want to go that route. We've never met but I've known you for a long time so I'd cut you a great deal on it.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Zilla. Today I'm going to visit a family friend that owns a body shop to see what my options are. Fixing the hood vs. Rumble Bee hood scoop vs. SRT-10 hood.

Also, could someone give me the exact length of the Rumble Bee hood scoop? The websites shows 38" which isn't correct since the hoods are 38" in depth.

MikeyB

·
'08LaRam
680 Posts

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
You're right because the grill could be sold for at least $100 since it's got the billet inserts. That would recoup part of the money spent. The issue would be in knowing what actually happened to that hood for it to require all those repairs AND how good of a job was done to fix the damage...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Mikey the total length of the scoop is 31 3/4 in long at the longest point.(the top is not square and is shaped to the contour of the hood.) You may already know, but the scoop is a bolt on so drilling the hood is required.If you do go with the Rumble scoop and need some more measurement's just let me know.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mikey the total length of the scoop is 31 3/4 in long at the longest point.(the top is not square and is shaped to the contour of the hood.) You may already know, but the scoop is a bolt on so drilling the hood is required.If you do go with the Rumble scoop and need some more measurement's just let me know.
Thanks. My body shop man said the scoop will cover the hole with no problems. Paintless dent repair work will be needed to pull the dented sheetmetal in the area since it's close to the mouth of the scoop. He quoted me around $450 for the RB scoop, PDR and corrosion protect the damage area, paint and mounting. Also includes repairing and repainting the hood deflector.

MikeyB

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
If he's using the bolt on scoop it sound's like a really good price for all he is going to do.She's going to look good when it's done.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The scoop is on! We did have to move it forward by an inch to completely cover the wound. That created a PITA situation for the mounting hardware though. The shop also repaired the air deflector and shaved the emblem for the smoothie look.

MikeyB

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Really can't tell he moved it forward an inch. He did a nice job and got a good color match too. Gave the truck a whole differant attitude. Look's good Mikey!!!

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks.

The template had the scoop located about 5.5" front the leading edge. So we moved it forward to 4.5". Looked good but cause grief with several of the mounting bolts with the hood framework.

MikeyB

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Where did you get that scoop?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.