DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '97 Dodge 3500 Ext. Cab.
The carpet is trashed so instead of going with carpet again, I'm interested in the rubber floor covering that came in some models.

What models came with the rubber/vinyl floor option? I'm assuming it will be a little harder to find one for an extended cab truck...

I'm also interested in swapping out my cloth seats for leather (or even vinyl). What years/models came with leather or vinyl instead of cloth?

I'm new to these trucks so I'm looking for all the info I can come up with.
Thanks in advance!

-Jory

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
My '97 is a regular cab with rubber on the floors. The trim level is w/s, or work special. It says that on the window sticker and the dealer brochure. We have a '01 at work that's also regular cab, but it's an ST. I think all SLT's had carpet on the floors, mine does. I'd never buy another truck with carpet on the floor, this I know for sure. I thought it would be a good idea when I got it, but it's so hard to keep clean. It's fine in cars but in a truck where you have dirty tools or dirty clothes it just doesn't work very good.

I can't ever remember seeing an extended cab or quad cab with rubber on the floors, I'm not even sure if they made them that way? Not sure about the leather seats, I think the oldest truck I seen with leather seats had the new style dash already, so probably '98 or newer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.
I'm with ya on the carpet. Pretty worthless for a truck.

I'd think they did the rubber/vinyl floors in extended cabs, but I haven't come across anything yet. :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd think they did the rubber/vinyl floors in extended cabs, but I haven't come across anything yet. :confused:
They did, but apparently not a common option. I've seen a 2000 club cab with the rubber floors.
Gord.

·
Woodstock
762 Posts
I bid (and lost :bawl:) on a 1999 V10 Dodge Quad cab Police Truck that had rubber mats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.