DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
I raced my friends 2002 Supercharger Harley F150 and we were dead even. this was from a rolling start though. Keep in mind this is also a heavy vehicle but he is supercharged, long tuber headers, intake and some other minor mods. I was totally stock. I can't wait to take on a stang to see where i stand.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i raced a gtp the other night thinking i was going to dust him. I was wrong the first race was a tie the second race i did bite of a brake stand at the start and pulled ahead of him a little. I'am sure surprised that my rt dosent seem to be putting out. The gtp is only rated 250hp. any suggestions??

· Registered
984 Posts
depends on the year MagRT i had a 99 (97-03 style) they have 240hp 280tq factory. for a under 500 bucks you can have a low-mid 13 second grand prix. I have buddie's in GP's running mid 11's and 12's. My car went a 13.8 with just a 3.4 pulley, CAI, and some exhuast mods.

· Registered
62 Posts
It is easy to get power out of a GTP. I used to own one and traded it in on a Regal GS. Both 3.8 supercharged.
My stock gtp had 198 horsepower at the wheel with 8 pounds of boost. I changed the 3.8 inch pulley for a 3.4 and got 231 to the wheels with 10-11 pounds of boost. This can be done for $150 and no other changes.
Stock gtp's run low 15 second 1/4's and maybe a high 14. With the 3.4 pulley change you can get high to mid 14's. With other mods, headers and 3.1 pulley, you’re into the low 14's, maybe a high 13.
The big problem with them is the trans is weak. Anything more than a 3.4 pulley and your on borrowed time.

· El Cabron!
Black 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Lonestar
497 Posts
Nah, I've only taken out a 1993 supercharged Thunderbird, a 1987 Buick Regal T Type Turbo and just recently, a 1998 Mustang GT convertible that's only three houses away from me. Little punk was asking for it.

· Registered
113 Posts
Previous model GT I can keep ahead a little at the stoplights and stay ahead in the 1/4. I was running 14.55 1/4 and Stock looking GT's were running 14.9 - 15.5.

The new GT will hand us our lunch. (Stock to stock that is) They're pulling 5 sec 0-60 and 13.5 in the 1/4 against our 5.8-6.2 0-60 and 14.3 - 14.8 1/4

P.S. They're running 300 HP at the crank, not the rear wheels.

· El Cabron!
Black 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Lonestar
497 Posts
Yeah, I know. I'm driving a 99' Ram QC SB with only about $2000 in mods. the one I beat was a 98' convertible, which shot to 60MPH in about six seconds. I won't be able to catch any 99' or newer Mustang GTs. Maybe if I added a nitrous kit. But that wouldn't be fair... yeah right!

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
funny thing is i talked to the guy with the window down, asked him if it was stock his answer was yes. Who knows if he was telling the truth though. If it was stock i think i better take my magnum to the dealer and see if they can tweak my rt a little for me. Is that possible???

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info! I was in at the local ford dealer (heaven forbid) talked to a sales guy and he claimed they were putting out 300 to the rear wheels which caught my attention.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't understand here I have a v8 5.7L engine in my magnum RT. gtp has a 3.8L V6 supercharged engine, and I could barley beat him. Don't get me wrong I love the car but i was hoping to go on the street and be able to beat most cars hands down. Heck i think the HO 3.5L V6 in the SXT magnum could give me a run for my money. Anybody else feeling the same way or is it just me???

· Registered
984 Posts
The GTP makes all it's tourqe down low. It gets that car off the line pretty damn quick. Also i'm sure the GTP has some what of an edge in weight differences also.

· 06MAGRT
43 Posts
MAGRT I know where you are coming from. Sometimes I am dissapointed with the power but sometimes I just launch and it feels great. I find if I don't just floor it and play with the throttle a little I get better accelleration. Turn off your ESP too.

· Registered
281 Posts
K Guys,

I am a newbie to this HEMI HP. I would like to ask some questions becuase now I own this awesome car I am getting lots of invites to race, ya know?

Anyways, when most of you race from stop do you use auto-stick or reg automatic? Now if you do use auto-stick how and when do you shift? Do you let off a little when shifting? or just keep it floored? I have tried the auto stick on a empty road by myself to practice, but I would like to know from the expirience people to give me tips. I want to see what my Magnum can do against these proposals ya know?

Another question, I have 22's, will this haper some speed or off the line advantages?

Anyone who have some helpful tip shoot!

Thanks

· Registered
155 Posts
The new MotorTrend has a write up of the recreated Bullitt scence with the new GT and the new R/T. The new GT has a better 0-60 time, and still beats the R/T in the quarter by a small fraction of a second, according to them.

· Registered
150 Posts
kupaa said:
K Guys,

I am a newbie to this HEMI HP. I would like to ask some questions becuase now I own this awesome car I am getting lots of invites to race, ya know?

Anyways, when most of you race from stop do you use auto-stick or reg automatic? Now if you do use auto-stick how and when do you shift? Do you let off a little when shifting? or just keep it floored? I have tried the auto stick on a empty road by myself to practice, but I would like to know from the expirience people to give me tips. I want to see what my Magnum can do against these proposals ya know?

Another question, I have 22's, will this haper some speed or off the line advantages?

Anyone who have some helpful tip shoot!

Thanks

Most people recommend putting it in manual shift mode but not shifting it. This will force it to shift near redline for every gear. That's what I've read most do when running a 1/4 mile.

As far as 22s, I would think they would hamper your acceleration a bit as it takes a bit more power to get 'em moving.

· Registered
281 Posts
Cool thanks Rockadile. I do agree about the 22's. Oh well I'll just try and take some of these offers to race once a while and see how it does.

· Registered
11 Posts
new mustang = 300 horse, 305 tq at the crank
99-04 mustang = 260 horse 300 tq at the crank
96-98 the worst version of the 4.6, dynoed around 170 horse at the wheels.
Harley f-150 supercharged= 340 horse, ? tq.

i believe the mustang weights in at 3800, not sure. i have ran a 14 flat in my stock 02 GT. i have seen an 02 run 13.7 stock with bringing the front tire pressure up to 45psi, loosening the front sway bar, and having a dam good driver. i believe an Magnum RT will take out most average driven stock mustang. the mustangs can be tricky to launch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.