DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys i hope y'all are having a wonderful day,
i got a question about whether i should get the SXT or RT challanger. The thing is that where i live gas is cheap but im still afraid of the gas mileage of the RT since im a college student who lives 30 minutes away from my college so i gotta use the car 2 hours daily at least, i currently have a SXT Charger rented for 3 months and its been ok on gas, it runs out every 3 days or so because i punch the gas alot and have a heavy foot and drive alot, i also i live in a city there will be almost no highway driving so thats another reason i guess.. I've never owned a V8 my last car was a V6 so i have no experience on the V8. I love the sound of the V8 and the power i would prefer it im just asking if it really is that bad on gas because i dont wanna get an RT if i cant afford its gas, i've heard i would have to pay double the amount im paying atm on the sxt,
also excuse me for my bad english.

·
Red Trucker
3,362 Posts
You admitted to a lead foot with the existing 6 banger you have now. Challenger mileage will be about the same depending on what year you currently have and what year you'd be getting. With the 3.6 you can use regular 87 octane fuel. Regardless, even with an MDS 5.7 your mileage will be worse and you have to put 89 octane fuel in it (if you have any common sense, some people do put regular in 5.7's, then bitch about problems and being down on power 🤦‍♂️). Gas prices will not be going down any time soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You admitted to a lead foot with the existing 6 banger you have now. Challenger mileage will be about the same depending on what year you currently have and what year you'd be getting. With the 3.6 you can use regular 87 octane fuel. Regardless, even with an MDS 5.7 your mileage will be worse and you have to put 89 octane fuel in it (if you have any common sense, some people do put regular in 5.7's, then bitch about problems and being down on power 🤦‍♂️). Gas prices will not be going down any time soon.
sxt it is thanks alot <3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts