Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Roughly whats the cost of a new PCM unit?
Or maybe a website to a dealer OEM parts store that might carry/can order/can get, ect,...

Vehicle Specs:
2005 Dakota CC ST Auto 4.7l manual doors, windows, ect,... dunno what else you'd need to know.

Reason i ask is KRC can flash PCM's for the 4.7 05 Dakota. I already have a JetChip S2, I'd be interested in sending in a pcm just to see how much of a difference there would be but always having a back up incase you need to hit the dealership for whatever reason.

I'm sure it's not cost effective but i'm still interesed in the price for a 2nd pcm unit.

Here's the direct link to the form KRC has, it shows what calibrations are for any 5.7/4.7/3.9/318/360/408 OBD2 PCM and has other info as far as what they do.

http://www.krcperformance.net/camcalregister.htm

I've searched google/yahoo and found the sites you'd mostly find looking for accessories and stuff. :dunno: but nothing deep down inside the vehicle.

Thanks in advanced. :gr_patrio

Jim.

Attachments

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
call Hersch at Archer Dodge .. you get a discount (I think 10% over cost plus shipping) for being a Dodgetalk member and support the supporters that help make this a GREAT Site to be a member of.
Or check the supporter section and check with one of them.
Supporter Forum .. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59

or this is another supporter that might be able to help you as well.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231

or makeitmopar.com which is another supporter as well. Post a message on their forum and they will answer you pretty quick

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dline said:
$100 or less on ebay.
$100 thats it? I expected it to be alot more then that.
I'm always searching ebay for 05 dakota stuff and i dont remember ever seeing one for sale. I'll keep my eyes open.

"Sherdep" Thank you for the info. I'll check that out also.

Jim.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Damn If I can find one for around 100 Im jumpin on this ship.

·
6,355 Posts
05Dakota CC said:
$100 thats it? I expected it to be alot more then that.
I'm always searching ebay for 05 dakota stuff and i dont remember ever seeing one for sale. I'll keep my eyes open.

"Sherdep" Thank you for the info. I'll check that out also.

Jim.
I wouldnt do eBay for a PCM .... you are taking a big chance on electrical parts especially the part that controls every sensor in the engine but that is me and hell, ya wouldnt know if it is dead or not besides if they ever tampered with the programming you would never know that either. just my .02 ...... maybe check some local junk yards since they have a computer that see's what other junk yards have in the area if you dont want to buy new

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EZ4U2CHere said:
Hmm,.. Great site but i didnt find PCM listed as one of the parts.
Is there another name for the PCM? Sorry for the stupid question but this is what KRC calls for what they need to be shipped to them.

I found Computer Box Engine and theres like 5 different options to pick from. I just have the standard 05 Dakota ST 4.7L so i picked the 1st one in the list and it says call for price,.. lol.

Is the PCM the same as ECM?

So if you were to guess what would one cost? Are we talking thousands or what?
There arnt Any Junk Yards anywhere around me here in SW Florida. I'd have to drive 140 miles to Miami or about the same to Tampa probably to find a good Yard.

Jim.

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If they had pictures of what the part looked like i could probably tell what I'm looking at.

But anyway i went back thru and picked the 2nd Engine Computer Part and several sites popped up,.. for the Engine Computer it looks like around $250 or so. but i dont know if this is even the right part or not.

Thanks again.

Jim.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think it's listed a few different ways.
Most every one of them I looked at has a phone number. I wouldn't rely on email.

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EZ4U2CHere said:
I think it's listed a few different ways.
Most every one of them I looked at has a phone number. I wouldn't rely on email.
Alright EZ and the Others for your help. :bman:
I'll call a few and see what kind of answers i get.
I just hate the fact of possibly buying one and it be wrong for one reason or another and i dont find out until something is to late,.. LOL :nutkick: thats my luck.

Okay, i'll let ya know what i find out.

Thanks again.

·
6,355 Posts
according to dodgeparts.com the ECM is $455 or $478.40 .... its weird cause they show two listing but says 05 4.7L All on both listings with two prices ..... the other things is to go to your local dealer and give them your VIN Number to get a part number listing for the "Right" ECM for your truck then see if you can get a better price on the net or call Archer Dodge to get the correct part and 10% over cost if they are still doing that

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sherdep said:
according to dodgeparts.com the ECM is $455 or $478.40 .... its weird cause they show two listing but says 05 4.7L All on both listings with two prices ..... the other things is to go to your local dealer and give them your VIN Number to get a part number listing for the "Right" ECM for your truck then see if you can get a better price on the net or call Archer Dodge to get the correct part and 10% over cost if they are still doing that
Thanks for your reply.
Will let ya's know, but $500 is a bit more than i wanted to pay.

Jim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.