DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a 2" leveling kit and Nitto Terra grapplers a few months ago. Seems like when I first got my truck back it rode fine but now it rides real rough. Do I need longer shocks or just a front end alignment or both?

·
Indy Fan
676 Posts
If you didn't get it alligned right after putting the leveling kit on then yes....do it today. I've got the same leveling kit and I've been told by many credible sources that longer shocks aren't necessary unless you plan on off-roading and are flexing your suspension to full articulation. It's up to you, I've also heard that the stock shocks are crap and replacing them is always a good idea. I haven't done mine yet because I plan on putting a 3" lift on so I'll have to replace the shocks then. Good luck, hope this helps.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Alignment is important, but it shouldn't affect the ride; just tire wear and directional control. How much air in the tires? It's also possible a shock has failed and become too stiff. Maybe something is binding.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
wow you went several months without an alignment? How do your tires look? Aare they cupping at all?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No they look brand new but of course I have only put about 1000 miles on them in the time frame. I live 2.5 miles from work.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Is the weather colder there now, could be that which is making your tires ride stiffer

·
Registered
72 Posts
X2 on tire pressure, on my previous truck I bought a set of 285/70/17 Nitto Terra's and the shop had 50 lbs of pressure in them. I finally got them down to 30 lbs doing the chalk test, much better ride w/the right air pressure.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
My ride went to crap cause my front shocks were blown out, have them warrantied out. Plus it rides terrible in the winter because the oil is cold and less forgiving warm like in the summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts