DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Rough Country shocks? I found a hell of a deal on a set of 8000's {actually thy have 9000's also but I think hose may be to stiff}
Any body have input?

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
I have them on my 2000 Off Road package with a 2" coil spacer on the front. They are nice, not too stiff but great off road. I am pleased with them. You will need to shim the front lower mounts though to keep them from rattling.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I also have the same shocks. I like them. As stated above the are a little stiffer than the factory shocks but not to stiff IMO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you guys get the 8000's or the 9000's, also I've been hearing alot about these shims...what is everyone using, simple flat washers or actual specially designed shims just for these shocks?

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
mjsedg said:
did you guys get the 8000's or the 9000's, also I've been hearing alot about these shims...what is everyone using, simple flat washers or actual specially designed shims just for these shocks?
I got the 8000's. For the shim, I used a fender washer and you can tape it to the shock BEFORE you install it. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I also used the 8000's but I didnt use spacers for the lower mounts. I just made sure they were as tight as I could get them with a 1/2" drive socket wrench and then checked them a week later and was able to get another half turn out of em. Havent had any problems with them coming loose and i've had them on for about 8 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I posting for your help...I am new to this forum but how in the heck do you create a new thread and post it? I wonder if you might also know about forum member's experience with using daystar coil lift systems. Might you also know where I could purchase ram air hood scoops for a 2004 ram 1500?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.