DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what about the Rough Country lift? Anyone have it? They say it's the easiest install with no cutting or welding. Not that easy is always better. It makes me wonder what corners are being cut to make it easy. Anyone have experience with their products.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
its the one i will be going with on my next truck. i dont like the idea of cutting crossmembers and what not on a truck that new and one i still owe on. id def go with rough counrty

·
Registered
244 Posts
rough country

Petersen 4 whhel and off raod did a review of this kit, despite rough countrys old reputation a lot of there newer stuff is really quality. I did a lot of research and compared exactly what was in this kit to what was in others mainly fabtech and the rough country kit actually seemed a little better more thought out. Also no cutting is nice and the stingers that come with it seem like it will actually make the frint end stronger. I think the only 1500 kits that will compete with it are the Superlift and Skyjacker which are both almost 2k and will take a lot longer to iunstall also with the skyjacker if you dont run 37's it really dont look right in my opinon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
is dozerpilot the only one with the rough country lift?

Where is the cheapest place to get it?

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
dozerpilot said:
I've got nothing but good things to say about the Rough Country lift. I bought mine on ebay for $1,370 with free shipping.
did you do the install yourself too???

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
I have the Rough Country Offset Keyways for the Torsion bars.... it is sort of a lift but not the complete package. I have my front end Leveled and have Bilstein shocks installed with a rear sway bar. It rides pretty tight to the road.

·
6,355 Posts
dozerpilot said:
Me and two friends did the lift in 9 hrs.
Dam, 9 hours seems like it would have taken a couple of days to do from all the stuff I have seen,
When I did the Key Ways it took me about 4 and a half hours to do cause the old keys ways were in a weird position the clamp would pull them up and I also did it by myself. Bet it is alot easier with someone helping you.

I think you truck looks sweet, wishes I could afford a lift and bigger tires for mine, I think I am gonna save for a Pro-Comp 6" lift and not sure what tires but they will be 20" aggressive mud tread tires.:gr_patrio

·
dozerpilot
131 Posts
Thanks. We all took leave and busted it right out. Six hands beats the heck out of two. I rented a stall at the base's auto hobby shop. We had acess to all the tools we needed, except the torsion bar tool. We just used C clamps and they came right out. The thing that took the longest was getting the front diff drop brackets right. Some decent pics in the instructions would have saved us an hour and a half.

·
6,355 Posts
dozerpilot said:
Thanks. We all took leave and busted it right out. Six hands beats the heck out of two. I rented a stall at the base's auto hobby shop. We had acess to all the tools we needed, except the torsion bar tool. We just used C clamps and they came right out. The thing that took the longest was getting the front diff drop brackets right. Some decent pics in the instructions would have saved us an hour and a half.
Cool, Knows that Base Auto shop comes in handy. When I was in Cali at El Toro (Marine Corp) I installed a rear sway bar and used a lift to put the truck up in the air... made my job so much easier till I lowered the truck forgetting the end links should have been installed on the ground LOL
:gr_patrio

·
6,355 Posts
Was thinking, is there a way you can post some close up's of the lift in your gallery, I would like to see how your truck turned out. Thanks Matt

·
dozerpilot
131 Posts
I would, but I dropped the camera too many times. I'm trying to talk to the wife into a new one. I'll see what I can do. Maybe use a friend's.

·
6,355 Posts
dozerpilot said:
I would, but I dropped the camera too many times. I'm trying to talk to the wife into a new one. I'll see what I can do. Maybe use a friend's.
Well - stop dropping the camera then, hopes ya dont drop your friends camera then ya gotta buy two of them LOL Thanks for atleast trying,

I would send you my camera to take pics but am afraid you will drop mine and then I am SOL and would have to buy another camera to fit in my Underwater Housing.:gr_patrio

·
dozerpilot
131 Posts
My next camera will be small so I can just stick it in my pocket. I always had to carry the other one in my hands, which sucks when your hiking, operating heavy equipment, or riding dirtbikes, ect. The old Nikon took a beating though. It fell out of a loader, and out of my truck a few times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.