Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I keep having trouble with my brakes and I am ready to upgrade to something that won't be as much trouble.. I just had new shoes put on and now there is a CONSTANT scrubbing that seems to be coming from the Front Driver's side wheel... it sounds like metal against metal.. Anyways.. I am really looking to upgrade my rotors to give my system a little more performance.. I was looking around to see if I could get some slotted/drilled rotors for a 92 dakota.. but in the mean time can someone give me some ideas on the scrubbing noise..a little warning on what to expect when I take my wheel off Wednesday...

Thank you,
-Jason

·
Registered
67 Posts
yeah you can get slotted for the same price as stock rotors these days.. if you tow trailers these tend to keep cooler and fade much less than stock... rule of thumb never go cheap on brakes by all means.. the scrubbing you feel is prob the metal part of the pad grinding on your rotors/drums if the back brakes are good just have the rotors/drums turned as well for a nice new feel....

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, anyone know where I can get a set of slotted rotors? I'm about to put 17" R/T wheels on and I'd like to have a good brake job to go along with it.

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, well.. I've found some rotors myself ... Baer Decelarotors..for anyone else interested they can be viewed at http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/baer_decelarotors/5347-020/...

unless anyone has any similar rotors that are better or just a better price, let me know.. while I am thinking about it, anyone know of a rear disc conversion kit?

Thank you,
Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.