DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body got some pics of there roll pans?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anybody know how to modiffy these things? I purhcased one off ebay and the mounting edge is wavy. In other words, it does not sit flush to the body all the way across. And, I am having the darndest time trying to figure out how to make it work. Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just needed to ask for help.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
is it metal, if its metal and its too big its meant for you to trim it down and weld it in place. if its glass then mold it in with some kitty hair and body filler.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How hard was it to match the paint up on yours Ram man?

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
I'll try to get a pic up of the one I had on the '97 I used to own. It was a factory Mopar piece. I was the second owner and as far as I know it was factory, at the very least dealer installed, or who knows. LOL

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what is this (circled in yellow):

Attachments

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Thats where you crank down the factory spare tire from under the bed.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Looking at some other pics, I guess I have that too. I have never used my spare, so I didn't realize that is what was required. Thanks.

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
You're welcome. I, er, uhm, er, had to use mine a couple of times. LOL

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
heres what mine looks like for now...soon to have a cali combo and cadi tail lights..its gonna go under the knife in late Nov also gonna body drop it

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice, What ya'll think about me puttin a steel pan on my 4x4?

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Why not? My '97 was a 4x4. It still looked good.

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
hell yeah...looks much better then a stock bumper dont matter if its 4x4 or not:)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really want to, but what about the exhaust tips and hitch? Does the rollpan come down further than the stock bumper? Thanks

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
That CAN cause problems. My '97 had the rollpan on it when I bought it. I had dual exhaust put on and run just below the rollpan, not through it like Ram Man's. They were custom bent and I told the guy to make sure they would clear a hitch if I put one on later. A year or 2 later, I put a hitch on. The receiver was low enough to clear the rollpan, but I couldn't use the stock bolt locations in the frame to mount the hitch. The whole hitch would have stuck back to far and hit the rollpan. I ended up moving the hitch in a couple inches, and I had to drill new holes to mount it. This meant I no longer had room to use the factory spare tire mounting location. I ended up hauling the spare around in the bed, under my tonneau cover.
You will probably have to do some test fitting like I did, before the final install.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, What about steel or urethane? i dont want it to be welded, but i want it to stand a lil mud or just light off road drivin every now and then! Thanks Again!

·
I need a truck!!!
2,115 Posts
Ive got a urethane one and it holds up just fine.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
they make rollpans with a hide a hitch thing and they mount behind your licence plate and it flips up to expose you hitch and when your not towing you dont haev to look at that hitch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.