DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body got some pics of there roll pans?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Anybody know how to modiffy these things? I purhcased one off ebay and the mounting edge is wavy. In other words, it does not sit flush to the body all the way across. And, I am having the darndest time trying to figure out how to make it work. Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just needed to ask for help.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How hard was it to match the paint up on yours Ram man?

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
I'll try to get a pic up of the one I had on the '97 I used to own. It was a factory Mopar piece. I was the second owner and as far as I know it was factory, at the very least dealer installed, or who knows. LOL

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
Thats where you crank down the factory spare tire from under the bed.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Looking at some other pics, I guess I have that too. I have never used my spare, so I didn't realize that is what was required. Thanks.

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
You're welcome. I, er, uhm, er, had to use mine a couple of times. LOL

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
heres what mine looks like for now...soon to have a cali combo and cadi tail lights..its gonna go under the knife in late Nov also gonna body drop it

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice, What ya'll think about me puttin a steel pan on my 4x4?

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
hell yeah...looks much better then a stock bumper dont matter if its 4x4 or not:)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really want to, but what about the exhaust tips and hitch? Does the rollpan come down further than the stock bumper? Thanks

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
That CAN cause problems. My '97 had the rollpan on it when I bought it. I had dual exhaust put on and run just below the rollpan, not through it like Ram Man's. They were custom bent and I told the guy to make sure they would clear a hitch if I put one on later. A year or 2 later, I put a hitch on. The receiver was low enough to clear the rollpan, but I couldn't use the stock bolt locations in the frame to mount the hitch. The whole hitch would have stuck back to far and hit the rollpan. I ended up moving the hitch in a couple inches, and I had to drill new holes to mount it. This meant I no longer had room to use the factory spare tire mounting location. I ended up hauling the spare around in the bed, under my tonneau cover.
You will probably have to do some test fitting like I did, before the final install.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, What about steel or urethane? i dont want it to be welded, but i want it to stand a lil mud or just light off road drivin every now and then! Thanks Again!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.