DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sending my sir michaels roll pan to get painted today and was wondering if i need to mount it first to make sure there is no mods that need to be done to it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Should have been fine. I havent heard anyone having any fitting problems.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well when i picked it up the guy said sometimes he has to grind the edges. But i dont know other than that i'm assuming it should just be direct bolt on right?

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
mine was fine but i would just put it on first to make sure it fit right.. that would suck it if didnt fit right..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i guess just to be sure i'll mount it first before getting it painted.

Thanks

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Always test fit first...makes your life easier down the road. Plus you can look if you might need a few washers as spacers on one part or another. Or as said, could need a slight grinding etc to make it fit well. Best to grind first, then paint, rather than vice versa. :)

KB

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
yes , prefit it , get your holes drilled and all, better now then after its painted and scratch it...

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
4404spd said:
yes , prefit it , get your holes drilled and all, better now then after its painted and scratch it...
yea i probably should of done that but it worked out for me....I had a tap and drill so I was fine. But your def gona need an extra hand to remove the tail gate, lift the bed (gona take 3 people), and mount the bumper.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Yep, you need to make it as easy as possible, because like 440 said it will be painted. So you'll need it to go easy without any hiccups or I guarantee you will scratch it lol...

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.