DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Martinv
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1992 Grand Caravan 3.3L is not getting oil flow up to the rocker arms. I found the path that should be feeding oil into the shaft and there is NO flow (at least on the front side) observed after pulling the bolt out so I could see if there was any.

Front/dry rockers:

Front shaft wear:

rear rockers:

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
This is a semi common problem. The oil passage had clogged up in the block. The only real way to fix it is to pull the head and clear out all the oil passages leading to it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Caravan engine

May I be candid?

I have no idea your history with that vehicle or how long you've even owned it, (maybe you just got it?) so this is not personal....but let me say it appears to have been neglected. Has it ever had an oil change that you know of?

How many miles? What are you hoping for at this point?

Having rebuilt these engines myself, I would say that you are facing an uphill battle to keep that motor running.

Judging by the buildup and deposits, by the time you correct one problem, another will probably crop up.

Take the oil pan off the bottom and see what it looks like. Post a few pics.

Lets say you do clean the heads up good and replace the worn parts you see. I would take a guess the oil pressure is not good at all. The pump is probably worn. Seems all the oil galleys are probably suffering from buildup. Compression is probably down. That engine looks like it needs overhauling badly.

Can you get another motor from the junkyard? Again, nothing personal but I honestly think you might find a better one cheaper than trying to patch up this one. At least from what I see in the photos.

YMMV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts