DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to take my 95 plymouth neon on a trip from MN to FL. It has 153,000 miles on it so I want to do everything possible to minimize the chance of it breaking down along the way. Any tips on a pre-trip check list would be greatly appreciated! -Dustin D.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
OIl,Coolant,belts. When was the time belt changed on the car? If it goes out you wont just be needing a tow if you know what I mean. Make sure your tires are pumped up and in good shape. Blowouts suck! Maybe plugs and wires too.

Anything beyond these that breaks you down is beyond your controll LOL.Unless I forgot something.

·
HoodooGuru
1,586 Posts
Just get a rental car and rag the crap outa it! lol
Thats what I would do!

·
Registered
231 Posts
hahahahahaha im with hoodoo on that one...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know when the timing belt was last changed, I just bought the car so I have no idea. I see they're only about 30-50 bucks, but I dont suppose its something I could do myself is it? I have all of the tools one would need to work on a car short of a cherry picker and am pretty mechanically inclined so I'm sure I could figure it out if its possible. But if its something better left for the pros I dont want to mess with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.