DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 4x4 1500 QC I want to know what the largest size wheel and tire combo is that I can put on this with out a lift. I plan on lifting it later and was trying get a wheel that I could still use once I lifted it, and I would only have to change the tires. Thanks Kevin

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
GOOBER said:
I have a 2003 4x4 1500 QC I want to know what the largest size wheel and tire combo is that I can put on this with out a lift. I plan on lifting it later and was trying get a wheel that I could still use once I lifted it, and I would only have to change the tires. Thanks Kevin
Wheels... you can go about as big as they offer, so that really doesn't make a difference.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
305' on 17x9's work nicely

it's too hard to find a 17x10 with the right offset in a 5x5.5" bolt pattern that you wouldn't need 9" of lift to fit a set of 33's

·
ABRam
102 Posts
size

I fit 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's on the stock aluminum rims. I believe they are 17x8

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tires

I really like having the tires stuck out a bit not tucked under the truck so much. I have read on here about backspacing, is that what I would need to get in a wheel to have it stick out farther or would it just be a wider rim and tire combo. I had a truck a few years ago that had 15 x 10 rims with 33 x 12.50 tires and I liked that set up. I am now thinking of putting a 3 inch body lift to get bigger tires. what do you guys think, it seems you all are the experts. Every time I talk to a tire company they give me different advice!!
Kevin

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
with a 3" body lift you can run 35's

and don't go under -10 offset (go-9 or higher) on a 17x9 or you'll rub on the fenders

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.