DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'd like to get an 08' Power Wagon but don't like the small tires it comes with. I drive a 01 F350, about the same weight, and I remember the 12.5" width really caused traction problems in sand and mud so I got 38" x 14.5" Nitto Mudders and have been very happy since. The Ford only has a rear Detroit locker but still offroads very well. But it's getting old and rides like a skateboard.

I'd like to run 38" x 14.5" x 16" on the power wagon. My question is: Will 16" Wheels work on a Power Wagon? What size lift and offset will I need for full clearance no rubbing? How about if I down sized to 36" x 14.5" x 16? Is a lift not even needed and just a decent offset?

My final question is does anyone have pics of a regular cab Power Wagon? I'd like to see one before ordering. All thats out there is quad cab.... I'm a contractor and it's hard to haul sheets of anything or lumber in a short bed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sorry but the 16's will not work on these trucks. The brake calipers are to big. I am sure if you "worked" the calipers you could make them fit but that is not a great idea. IMO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.. OK then, Nitto makes a 37 x 13.5 x 17.. Do I still need new wheels and lift?

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
Pretty much anything over 35" is going to require a lift. Some 35" have a bit of rubbing if they're not done right.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Reg Cab may not be available

ZEBO said:
Hi I'd like to get an 08' Power Wagon but don't like the small tires it comes with.

My final question is does anyone have pics of a regular cab Power Wagon? I'd like to see one before ordering. All thats out there is quad cab.... I'm a contractor and it's hard to haul sheets of anything or lumber in a short bed.

Thanks!
You might have your dealer double check and see if a Regular Cab is still available to order. A local dealer in my area recently told me that only government agencies (police, forest service, etc) have been able to order Reg Cabs, and even then, that might also be discontinued. This is not confirmed, check with your dealer.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Check ebay for a good used one. I usually see them there going for a really fair price. I guess most of us are looking for the added room of the quad so resale on used standard cabs may not be as strong. Good luck.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
RE2
65 Posts
none of those links work!

·
Registered
227 Posts
damn... I'll have to get some pics on when I go home. I'm at work now...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
PowerWagonDave said:
Buy mine!

Reg Cab just turned 8,500 miles
Bumper to bumper warranty good until 5/09
Power train warranty good until 5/2013
Sticker $45,000 and change
$3,000 or so in upgrades

$27,495 o/bo
Dave, why are you selling? Don't tell me the rising fuel prices has caused another wagon owner to bail. If so, I don't blame you. I've been thinking about picking up an old Honda beater to use around town.

·
Registered
301 Posts
gas prices?

Original Junior said:
Dave, why are you selling? Don't tell me the rising fuel prices has caused another wagon owner to bail. If so, I don't blame you. I've been thinking about picking up an old Honda beater to use around town.
Really...why are you selling, is it gas prices? One of the reasons I could afford a PW and low mpg is our other vehicle is a Prius.

For the OP, don't let MPG be an issue, it is still the best bang for your buck in the fun catagory, not to mention the utility of a truck.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Most of us here don't feel the need to lift our trucks and use bigger than 35" tires. The Power Wagon is an great truck out of the box and will go places you can't believe. Get one and drive it for awhile then decide if you need to spend another 2-3 thousand dollars, or more, to add bigger tires.
As far as gas goes: You got to pay to play! (and drive a 1986 Toyota Corolla around town)!

·
Registered
54 Posts
trk4sale said:
Most of us here don't feel the need to lift our trucks and use bigger than 35" tires. The Power Wagon is an great truck out of the box and will go places you can't believe. Get one and drive it for awhile then decide if you need to spend another 2-3 thousand dollars, or more, to add bigger tires.
As far as gas goes: You got to pay to play! (and drive a 1986 Toyota Corolla around town)!
I can't get mine in the garage with any larger tires or a lift.
;)

I picked up another set of rims from ebay and mounted a set of 33" BFG KMs on them so I can swap them with the KOs when I want to go wheelin. Aired down, they do a pretty good job.

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
I hear you. I squeak under the door with a 1/4" to spare on my cablights. However, my truck is about two feet too long to fit in my garage. If I got rid of the deep freezer, fridge, and shelving unit in the front of the garage I could probably just get her in there... But, then I wouldn't have any place to put the beer and elk meat... :(

·
RedMan
2,487 Posts
I was talking to my dealer the other day and the option is still there to order a Reg cab, however you cannot get it with the 6' bed it has to come with the 8' bed. hope that helped

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
Holy cow are there!!! This past cow elk season everyone in my family got one.

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
Farmington isn't too far from here. Maybe we can meet up there, there's a few good places to wheel there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry for my late reply.

The reason why I was going to sell it is yes the gas mileage, but mostly i'm hooked on diesels.

I decided not to get rid of it though... I love the truck too much. I also love the fact that I've only seen four others in my state (MA) since they came out in 2005.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts