DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, want to know the correct rim specs to use on dodge ram 1500 2006 4x4.
Got the 2.5" level kit installed & want to run 315/70/17 tires.

I know I need 17x9" rims,4.5 backspace (-12mm offset), but not sure about the bolt pattern.

would it be 5 holes x 5.5 & would this be everything I need to know in order to buy over the phone when ordering.

anyone that can confirm this for me ????? Rubber Frog, Mudchucker, Mike1971.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
yes the bolt pattern is 5x5.5. Sounds like you have all the info needed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Quietpeen:D

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
yup....what wheels are you looking at?

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
You can even get by with a lower backspacing like 4.625(4 5/8) and -8 os.

A friend of mine put 35 12.5/17 on 17x8.5 that had 5in backspacing,.. but I recommend staying between 4.5 and 4 5/8

You should check out Mike's sig or profile, can't remember what his rim specs were but he rubbed with 35's that were M/T but he didn't with A/T's

Don't forget to make sure you get the proper wheel nuts, you might need special ones according to the manufacturer of the rims,like long shank, invert socket,.. etc.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looking at Dick Cepek rims in aluminum color with the black in it but not sure of the name of them????

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts

A friend of mine put 35 12.5/17 on 17x8.5 that had 5in backspacing,.. but I recommend staying between 4.5 and 4 5/8

You should check out Mike's sig or profile, can't remember what his rim specs were but he rubbed with 35's that were M/T but he didn't with A/T's

Don't forget to make sure you get the proper wheel nuts, you might need special ones according to the manufacturer of the rims,like long shank, invert socket,.. etc.
good point....I forgot about that.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yeah, already checked his out Mudchucker & hes got 17x9rims with 4.5 bs which i"m thinking of getting this summer after our long winters here in NL. & Canada. already asked you the same question on another post a few minutes ago. So do you thing 4.5 is a better offset than yours or not,

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
You should be fine, but you may want to look into flares later on :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should be fine, but you may want to look into flares later on :)
Yeah I know, would like to get the bushwacker pocket style fender flares

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
Thanks quietpeen, I think they are DC-1 black , is this correct

I think they look sweet, what do you think
yes they are DC-1's

They are nice wheels.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes they are DC-1's

They are nice wheels.
just took a look at your truck & I like the look of your decal on the box , matches your rims good, I guess you like the black rim rather than the one I had in mind

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
just took a look at your truck & I like the look of your decal on the box , matches your rims good, I guess you like the black rim rather than the one I had in mind
thanks. Yes I'm partial to a black rim, but that is becuase I decided on the black and silver theme.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks. Yes I'm partial to a black rim, but that is becuase I decided on the black and silver theme.
going to save a pic of that decal. :rck:looks cool, but I"ll have to lose the daytona & use something else, 4x4,hemi????

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can get ones on ebay that say hemi instead of daytona

here's an auction - I don't know about the quality of them, but It shows Daytona, but in the description he says he can do custom

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm pretty sure you can get ones on ebay that say hemi instead of daytona

here's an auction - I don't know about the quality of them, but It shows Daytona, but in the description he says he can do custom
is that flat black or gloss black????

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts