DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting close to finishing the deal on a new Avenger for my wife.

We want the 2.4 because of the gas mileage. I really like the 18" wheels that come with the Sport group if you get the 2.7 v6. I've seen some on ebay and I'm thinking about swapping out the wheels.

Since the 2.7 gets a suspension upgrade and rear disc brakes, do you think I would have an issue with putting these wheels on a 2.4 with rear drums? Would they fit, would it effect the braking, any warranty issues?

Lastly and most importantly, would switching to 18" wheels hurt the gas mileage?

Thanks!

· Registered
50 Posts
Im going to make a guess at this. I dont know for sure, but im about 99% sure the 18s will fit. There is a way to check tho, if you pretend like you want to upgrade to those rims, and ask the dealer your talking with, he will let you know. Then , if he says yes, say you were just checking and dont get them, that way you can still buy em on ebay or what not.
I was looking at all the models of the avenger, from the smallest 2.4 to the 3.5, and I dont see any difference in the space of the wheel well. As for the the brakes, I would guess a larger rim would mean more space for even bigger brakes then normal, most of the time thats the case. Thats what makes me believe they should fit.

· Buy American
525 Posts
:gr_patrio
Did you get the Avenger yet?
:drivingz:

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes, picked it up on Saturday. It's a Modern blue 2.4L SXT with the Sport group, Premium Convenience group, Leather group, and Convenience group.

The wife is very happy, I live in MI and the dealer had to go to IN to find us this car with the options we wanted. Not many 2.4's around with these options, and the wife really wanted this color. She was coming from a nicely equipped Commander that she loved.

This was a purely economic decision because the gas on her 100+ mile a day commute was killing us! We went into this with the mindset of getting a inexpensive, fuel efficient, car that we could rack up all kinds of miles on. What we ended up with is a car that we both love.

It really is a great value for the money and it feels like a much nicer car than the price tag.

Took a trip downtown this weekend (95% highway) and got 31 mpg, but we were driving slow (45-65) because of snow and icy conditions. My wife got 28 mpg on her drive in this morning (70% highway). Using the trip computer to get these numbers but plan on doing the hand calculation once we get through this first tank of gas. So far very happy with the mpg numbers.

· Buy American
525 Posts
:gr_patrio
Congrats! Sounds like a good package with the 2.4.
:drivingz:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.