DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Dodge thing and to the site..hello all. I have a 1999 Durango 2wd with rear antilock only and a 360cid. My problem is in the right front. Over 40 mph it starts humming like a bad bearing. Replaced entire hub assembly, uppre ball joint and it didn't change a thing. When I turn right it goes away until I center back. If I go over a hump in the road it goes away when weight is removed from front and comes back when weight is applied back. PLEASE help me. This is annoying as heck... :help:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe, the its the wheel or the tire? Try swaping it to the rear left anf see if you still hear it. My Mts on my Offroading set of tires has one wheel that will not balance worth a damm, and it makes me pull to the left and wines like a frenchman with no cheese...even after a fresh alighment..

A tire shop have told me that the tires itself jsut got wornin that way nothing i can do about it. (I replaced it and got a full size spare out out the deal) I could drive on it with most likely no problems, but i didnt want to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same vehicle and had the exact same symptoms. My humming sound happened udner the same driving conditions.... I thought it was the ball joints, but changing the hub assembly was the needed fix.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I can see why you're puzzled. I can't think of anything that it would be. If you haven't already, I'd put it up on jackstands, then use a jack to push the lower CA up into the same position as if the tire were on the ground, get under there with a good light, spin the tire and see if anything is rubbing, or looks like it's close to rubbing. If you don't see anything, take off the tire and spin the rotor/hub and see if it looks like anything is rubbing (like the splash shield for example). You could check your lower ball joint too-- mine was bad at 44,000 miles.

·
Canadian Mopar Man
601 Posts
I don't wanna sound stupid, but has anyone considered that it may be the bug deflector making that noise in the wind. Lots of them do if you lose some of the rubber grommets.

:ylsuper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.