DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just curious of those with a 6 inch skyjacker lift on their dodge ram 1500's on how the ride quality and everything else about it and any complaints about it?? i was going to be putting one on my 1500 but the place i was going to get this done at said it will ride and sqeek like crazy and not to go with a skyjacker and to go with fabtech but i want 37's under my truck????

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
kcchief434 said:
i was just curious of those with a 6 inch skyjacker lift on their dodge ram 1500's on how the ride quality and everything else about it and any complaints about it?? i was going to be putting one on my 1500 but the place i was going to get this done at said it will ride and sqeek like crazy and not to go with a skyjacker and to go with fabtech but i want 37's under my truck????

the ride is excellent man....way better than stock

i have a squek when the weather is just right...seems to be around 70-75 degrees, nothing some silicone lube can't solve though

·
Registered
609 Posts
i love it its way better than rough country. the ride is nice and smooth i will choose sky jacker over any thing else.. durable too. :rck:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i guess ill go with the skyjacker has anybody ever done the install on their own though??? is there any welding or is it all bolt on???

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
kcchief434 said:
ok i guess ill go with the skyjacker has anybody ever done the install on their own though??? is there any welding or is it all bolt on???

didnt install myself....but everything is bolt on with skyjacker...i think the only drilling u have to do is a hole to relocate the brake line bracket

·
Registered
292 Posts
whats the squeeking your talking about?

Oh and hey john, is it a true 6" lift?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
YES, SKYJACKER IS A "TRUE" 6". THE SQUEAKING NOISE THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS THE BUSHINGS. IF YOU SPRAY THEM WITH SILICONE WHILE DOING THE INSTALL THERE WILL BE NO NOISE. OH YA, I TO WOULD CHOOSE SKYJACKER OVER ANYTHING ELSE. LIKE JOHN SAID, THE RIDE IS BETTER THAN THE FACTORY RIDE. NICE AND SMOOTH. GREAT ARTICULATION. ALL AROUND TUFF KIT. :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
95f150 said:

yea....skyjacker is the only lift that is a true 6 inches of lift...thats why u can clear 37s with this lift alone

other lift manufacturers say 6" (like fabtech, rough country, and pro comp) but they do not give a full 6 inches of lift like skyjacker does

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
95f150 said:

its the bushings...silicone lube will fix this...i spray mine once every couple months...takes all of 2 minutes and keeps the squeak away

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
if u do go with skyjacker i'd recommend paying the extra cash and going with the rear soft-ride replacement springs instead of getting blocks

the rear springs are nice and soft, great ride, and so much safer than blocks...its worth the extra cash

·
Registered
292 Posts
ya just wondering about it being a TRUE 6" lift cause if your using 3" blocks, that would only be a 3" lift in the rear, correct? and 3" lift in the front, then crank tbars for another 1.5 - 2" lift giving you 5" lift in the front.

I cranked my tbars and put on a 3" bl and have no problem clearing 36x13.50 iroks, but i want more lift now lol, I was always a skyjacker fan, and would go with new springs aswell.

thanks for the replies, moparman2003 and John Colorado!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.