DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fueled by 1.21 jiggawatts
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It took me a couple weeks to find the time, but I managed to get some wrench time in and get my ride height finally set where I wanted it.. Only about a 1/2" of rake.
I think this is equivelant to about a 3/5, but on this truck it worked out to a 2/3. I am VERY happy with the result.. It rides good but it handels amazing!! Just a couple of tweaks to the bump stops and I'm all set!! Also did a couple of exhaust mods, but thats another post another day with hopefully a video for sound.

Pics.

·
That guy
3,097 Posts
Very sharp looking.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Amazing ride! That is all.

·
Official HEMI SPORT Owner
1,359 Posts
Awesome........................good work!!

·
2005 Hemi Ram
1,435 Posts
Perfect stance. IMO. Awesome job.

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
beautiful truck

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Looks great, I'd like to get mine down more, but it rides like crap already. What did you do to the bumpstops?

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
The ford looks like its creeping backwards back into the garage like a terrified crawdaddy.

·
Daytona 8398
946 Posts
Freakin sweet ride, that is all

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
It took me a couple weeks to find the time, but I managed to get some wrench time in and get my ride height finally set where I wanted it.. Only about a 1/2" of rake.
I think this is equivelant to about a 3/5, but on this truck it worked out to a 2/3. I am VERY happy with the result.. It rides good but it handels amazing!! Just a couple of tweaks to the bump stops and I'm all set!! Also did a couple of exhaust mods, but thats another post another day with hopefully a video for sound.

Pics.
Perfect stance man! any rubbing issues on the front tires?

Looks great, I'd like to get mine down more, but it rides like crap already. What did you do to the bumpstops?
Why does yours ride like crap? i have the same up front as you and mine rides smooth as silk, could even stand to stiffen up alittle :crazy:

·
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Freaking sweet! That is all.
Thank you!!

Very sharp looking.
Thanks!!

Amazing ride! That is all.
LOL!! Thank you my friend!

Awesome........................good work!!
Aww shucks! Thanks man!

The truck looks amazing. Very nice stance.
Took some minor drop coil trimming and having some blocks cut from solid billet but it came together. And till this day even though gone, the truck in your sig IS one of the sickest that EVER was!!

truck looks great love the stance!!
Thnak you sir!

this is all
LOL!! Ok. So it is then!! Thanks? :D

Perfect stance. IMO. Awesome job.
I like your oppinion! Thank you!

beautiful truck
Much appreciated! Thank you!

Thanks Jon.. Not sure why yours would ride like crap.. Bumpstops dont indicate ride, unless you are constantly bottomin out.. YOu may need a rear c-notch then.
Mine rides rather nice actually/considering.. Ride of course is subjective though. Granted I lost a bit of suspension travel, as was expected. But I'm not having any major issues.. I plan on using the AEON rubber springs front and rear, but at the moment I am still using the factory bump stops, and running the factory Bilstien shocks. I did cut the rear ones in half because they were touching. But even those are different on this truck.. They are very soft actually. Keep in mind though that the SRT suspenion is all around stiffer anyway. Plus the truck stays mainly on the highway and smooth roads.

Awesome!!! We'll ignore the Ferd in the background. :D
Haha!! Thanks!
As for the Ford.. That would be my sons truck.. Gotta give him a break though. He only had 3 choices anyway. Rules were it had to be at least a Chevy, Ford or Dodge. He's 16 and its his 1st ride.. not my first choice, (actually last lol!!) but unlike me he's not biased toward vehicles. For his 1st vehicle its pretty nice and its done him well so far.. I knew its history and the price was right, so there it is to stay. I do give him some chit for it every now and then though.. LOL!!

The ford looks like its creeping backwards back into the garage like a terrified crawdaddy.
Lmao!! Yea but look behind it.. That suckers stuck where it is.. That Jeep would whoop its Arse!!

Freakin sweet ride, that is all
Thank you!!!

Good thing envy is not lethal. Sweet Ride Shikkity.
Yes good thing indeed :) And thank you for the compliment.

Perfect stance man! any rubbing issues on the front tires?
Thanks bro! Despite it all, Time maxed or not, I do manage to sneak a little wrench time in!! No, no tire rubbing at all.. I dialed the suspension, specificly to the tire size..

And I suppose this actually deserves an actual explanation on how.
I actually pulled the SRT front coils and found some v6 Ram springs.

My point was, and this was an experiment. I figured since the v6 coils would be a bit softer, if I trimmed them they would obviously become stiffer. As mentioned this was an experiment. The V10 weighs 625 lbs so I wasn't sure what would happen, and no where can I find anyone who has done it, plus NO WAY I was going to cut the factory springs...

V6 springs?

My reason for choosing v6 springs was the drop coils in basicly all kits are Hemi springs. Seemed to me they would be to light of a spring rate. And in my research many SRT owners who tried typical drop kits complain they are too soft. As for the drop coils that are available from JTSVP that are SRT specific, they are 10% stiffer than stock, and the stock ride was already stiff enough for me and trimming them would only make them stiffer. Wasn't really an option for me. I enjoy my kidneys:)

From the stock V6 springs I took off a 1/4 coil at a time. Reassembling the front suspension got old quick but, in the end a total of 1 3/4 coil came off from the bottom of them and it gave me 1 7/8 drop in the front and then they settled an extra 1/8th for a full 2".. And they actually ride great.. They are stiff enough and not rough or jarring at all.
I already had the rear dropped 2" but it wasn't enough after the coils, to much rake for me, so. I contacted JTS Viper Performance and had them cut me a set of solid billet 3" drop blocks. (the Reg Cab SRTs are a factory spring over) And this is still on a set of 305 45 22s.
I beleive (I could be wrong) the Reg Cab SRTs set 1" in the front, and 2" in the rear lower than a Hemi Ram. So in comparison I would be equivelant to a 3/5.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the compliments.. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
226 Posts
That is FREAKING sexy as all hell!!!!

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
VERY NICE TRUCK. I didnt know that you got rid of your quad cab. How much did you let it go for"?

·
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.