DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had a recent 0420 code re-appearing. Replaced the cat. Was about to try the spark plug non-fouler trick in the rear 02 sensor because even after the cat replacement, it still threw the 0420. (03 Ram w/ longtubes and superchips). So before I go to put on the non-fouler, I go to clear the code with SC. So, I plug it up and it says 'No DTCs exist'.... then 'Do you want to clear DTCs'. So I hit 'Yes' because I have a CEL on. So after its done, I unplug and start the truck and it is still there? I do the same thing over again...'No DTCs exist' and 'Yes' to clear the CEL. Still there... I have no idea whats up? Anyone want to chime in and help me out?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Did you have the truck off but the key all the way forward? I tried clearing a code with the truck running one time and it did not work.

KB

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, truck was defenitely off. It's just weird, no code shown on SC but the CEL light is on...and I can't get it to go off. So, not sure if it's a problem with SC or the Instrument cluster...I'm gonna try to go to Autozone, borrow their analyzer and see what happens. If it confirms no codes then maybe it's the cluster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.