DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well all, as hard as it was, i got rid of my ram. i needed to to save some money and enjoy life a lil more...i was a lil truck poor. im saving almost 250 a month now and i am in the process of finding a better job. i bought a vehicle for the next year. a 2004 wrangler 4.0 litre. i bought it caus ei got a good deal on it and it should hold its value a lil more then the the other choices i was looking at....and in va beach i shouldnt have a problem trying to get rid of it next year. my thoughts....ill get another ram when the 06's come out and dealerships are trying to rid themselves of the 05's. does this make sense. im hoping to get a new 4x4 dodge ram that i can put about 3k down on...and be in the 360 range a month. i know you guys will flame me for this....but on the x plan with ford i can get 8k off the bat off any sticker on a f-150. i dont wanna do this...btu saving a hundred or 2 a month might help out. when would be the best time to get a new (or new to me dodge ram) where i save the most. again....looking into the future...a year from now

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what....no ideas

·
Registered
253 Posts
Buying an 05 right when the O6's are coming out is a great idea. I know many people who have saved that way. As far as the F-150... My dad bought an 04 right after I bought my RAM. That new "Tritan V-8" is a piece of crap. It is slow, it only tow's 500 more pounds than my 4.7 litre and he's getting 10mpg in the city. The only thing that is better about that truck is that the back seat is full size and that he gets better hwy mpg. I would never, never, never buy one unless I got atleast 1/2 off.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really am planning on sticking with dodge. even if i have to go the 1500 reg cab long bed route...i wanted another double cab!!!! definitely 4x4 and i want the hemi if i cant have the diesel.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
i really am planning on sticking with dodge. even if i have to go the 1500 reg cab long bed route...i wanted another double cab!!!! definitely 4x4 and i want the hemi if i cant have the diesel.
Good choice. The 8K you referred to earlier is Ford's compensation for all the time you would need to spend at the dealer's service department during warranty and at Auto Zone after the warranty ran out.

Comparing an 04 Ram 1500 with an 04 F150 in the NHTSA's complaint database shows 67 complaints for the Ram and 322 for the Ford.

Apparently they have a serious problem with steering and drivetrain shudder that Ford can't figure out. Also numerous complaints for rear axles slipping and noisy, unexplained and out of control acceleration, airbags not deploying (my wife has first hand exp with this). You might really need the airbags in a truck that also had unexplained acceleration. There were also a lot of transmission failure and air conditioning complaints.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/complaintsearch.cfm

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought my 04 in Feb. and Got a good deal on it (well atleast I think so) Quad cab, Hemi, 20 inch wheels, underseat storage, Infinity audio, power seats, pretty much loaded I guess for $25,800. Brand new.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats not bad at all....thats what im looking for

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with about 3k down...does that get you in the 360 a month range

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
your switching vehicles too often if you plan to buy an 06' soon. switching vehicles too soon put people in the red. i'ld hang onto that wrangler and save up more cash for a new ram in my opinion.

mike

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was thinking about selling it outright first. in a year or so

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
MSCH2112 said:
your switching vehicles too often if you plan to buy an 06' soon. switching vehicles too soon put people in the red. i'ld hang onto that wrangler and save up more cash for a new ram in my opinion.

mike

Could not have said it better. I would drive the wrangler for a year or two and sell it outright. Don't mod it, you won't get any extra money for it. I would wait until the 07's come out and buy a leftover 06 while you are saving all your money. :IDEA:

·
Registered
74 Posts
assuming a 25k purchase price even at zero interest your still close to $400/mo with the 3k down.On a 5yr loan :gr_patrio

·
Registered
562 Posts
Keep in mind also what the 06 Rams look like - it's not a pretty sight!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I got my 02 in august of 04. it had 30K miles, reg cab, long bed, 4.7L. SLT model. Sticker was 20K, got it for 13K. Payments are 235 month with 1000 down, 6% and 5.5 year loan. Not the best deal, but good for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.