Votes: 3 13.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
believe my sister is getting me a rollpan for christmas.so i had another ricer idea. should i get:

smooth rollpan and install the plate on a bracket right by the backwindow kinda like the old hotrods

or just get the same ol same everyone else has wiith the plate in the center

or even ricier get the box mointed towards a side and if so witch side

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
Smooth Roll Pan FTW! I don't mind the way they look in the roll pan, I just think they look far cooler NOT in the roll pan. I want to get one of the power retractable units and have it pop out of the forward bulkhead in the bed. (Hidden when the switch (I mean truck) is turned off. No more parking tickets!

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
Smooth Roll Pan FTW! I don't mind the way they look in the roll pan, I just think they look far cooler NOT in the roll pan. I want to get one of the power retractable units and have it pop out of the forward bulkhead in the bed. (Hidden when the switch (I mean truck) is turned off. No more parking tickets!
Then you have a unregistered vehicle on a street and they just tow it. No ticket no truck LOL

I say go custom and get it frenched into the tailgate on a angle

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
If you're gonna go smooth, then get the retractable license plate mount like mentioned above.
IMO putting a smooth license plate on, then stashing it in the window, kills the "smooth" look you're goin for. Also, IMO, if you get a smooth rollpan, ya gotta do everything else...a smooth rollpan with a tailgate handle and body line is out of place.

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Shaved, with tag in window. "I mean in the window". Saw someone who had a section of their back glass cut out and recessed so the tag would sit in the window flush with the regular glass.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
noone is shooting up hemi450hp's back end??? My favorite of all. I prefer the old fashion rollpan with it centered in the middle of it. Thats what I had on my dodge and it looked stock and clean. Check my gallery for pics

·
Registered
300 Posts
check your local laws before you just stick it to the back glass !! imo centered plate unless like stated above everything is smooth

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
the plate also needs a light to display it at night.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
maka said:
noone is shooting up hemi450hp's back end??? My favorite of all. I prefer the old fashion rollpan with it centered in the middle of it. Thats what I had on my dodge and it looked stock and clean. Check my gallery for pics
haha...Thanks Maka. Here is a pic of mine with a centered liscence plate box, shaved tailgate handle, and shaved body line on tailgate...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
haha...Thanks Maka. Here is a pic of mine with a centered liscence plate box, shaved tailgate handle, and shaved body line on tailgate...
LOL!!! This sounds retarded but I've had a picture of the "back end" of your truck hanging up at the house....LOL.... because that's what I'm going to show the body guy if I ever get around to install the roll pan I have!!! The only thing different is I have a completely smooth roll pan and I also picked up a lic. plate box (that can be lighted).....Not sure where I'm going to put that....maybe the tailgate???? Who knows!!!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Wasinger12 said:
LOL!!! This sounds retarded but I've had a picture of the "back end" of your truck hanging up at the house....LOL.... because that's what I'm going to show the body guy if I ever get around to install the roll pan I have!!! The only thing different is I have a completely smooth roll pan and I also picked up a lic. plate box (that can be lighted).....Not sure where I'm going to put that....maybe the tailgate???? Who knows!!!
haha...as long as its the back-end of the truck and not me I'm cool with it...haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.