DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having trouble with their RevTek 2" spacers for 2500 4x4? This is the second set i've had and the studs are snapping off. For my first set, one stud snapped off on each side. I was told there was a bad batch machined with angled stud holes. I was sent a second set free of charge. Now, I started to notice the "death wobble" again and I checked the studs, and wouldnt you know it, one drivers side stud has snapped again! and im sure more will follow.

I am now searching for a good quality set of 2" spacers. Any recommendations from people that actually have them installed for over 6 months?

How about these by "Top Gun Customz" on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7975850368&category=33585&sspagename=WDVW

Any comments?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have had two 2500's with the RevTec kits and haven't any problems with them. I did go through and retorque everything at 250 and 500 miles after the original install. Are you doing the installs yourself or is a shop doing it? I was going to get the first kit installed by the local shop but they didn't know what a torque wrench was and airgunned everything in place. Way to easy to break things that way.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leviathan said:
I have had two 2500's with the RevTec kits and haven't any problems with them. I did go through and retorque everything at 250 and 500 miles after the original install. Are you doing the installs yourself or is a shop doing it? I was going to get the first kit installed by the local shop but they didn't know what a torque wrench was and airgunned everything in place. Way to easy to break things that way.
I installed them myself both times, torqued them to the specs that came directly from an email from RevTek Industries, I believe he said 10lbs? I cant exaclty remember - so I may be off a bit.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just posted about this issue in another thread.....Forget the spacers and go with the Superlift 2" springs. God Bless DodgeTalk....I read so many stories like yours, so I went with the springs instead. They are about the same cost and no issues with Death Wobble.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well folks, here I am again in the same situation - except this time ALL the studs on my drivers side RevTek spacer snapped off, leaving the shock and shock tower just dangling there and rising upward into the engine compartment. Luckily it wasn't while I was driving fast anywhere. See the pics below. This is my 2nd set of RevTek spacers! JUNK! I've tried to contact them when the first stud snapped again and havn't heard back yet!

Drivers side

Drivers side

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
that is some scary stuff there. you could have been in a bad accident on the road.

mike

·
Registered
278 Posts
JM,

Stating the obvious here, but THAT SUCKS! Luckily, I haven't had any issues with my spacers. I'm leaning closer to coils if the lift is beyond my reach financially.

Out of curiosity, were you stressing the spacers at all, like wheelin'?

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

Update:
I just sent an email to RevTek with the pictures I posted here and wouldn't you know it, 15 minutes later I received a call. Apparently they switched to a stainless steel stud with the spacers and they said there was an issue with the old steel studs having a "harmonic imbalance" and from the motor (mainly diesels, I have a Hemi) that was causing the studs to snap. So he is sending me another new set (my third set of RevTek spacers) with the new stainless studs. I really dont even want spacers anymore, I just want taller coils. We'll see what these stainless studs do. Anyone out there that has a fairly new set of RevTek 2" spacers - can you verify that you received stainless studs with them?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
is there a chance youmay too long of shocks and when they bottom out it puts pressure on the studs?

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jimboman said:
JM,

Stating the obvious here, but THAT SUCKS! Luckily, I haven't had any issues with my spacers. I'm leaning closer to coils if the lift is beyond my reach financially.

Out of curiosity, were you stressing the spacers at all, like wheelin'?
Actually, I havn't had the damn thing offroad at ALL since I put the two sets of spacers in!!! Can you believe that?

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Josh Brown said:
is there a chance youmay too long of shocks and when they bottom out it puts pressure on the studs?
The issue first happened on the stock shocks, before I installed Bilstein 5100 series which was recommended to me for a 2" lift. Then it happened again with the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow, jmbones those are some scary pictures. My recently installed RevTek spacers do seem to have the stainless studs (non magnetic) although the nuts are still a ferrous steel. I bought the spacers in January 04 so it seems they might have made the change awhile ago. As for durability I drive it like I stole it and haven't had any problems with the spacers. But after seeing the problems that you have had if I break any studs I am going straight to the longer coils! Best of luck in getting it back together.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Wow dude who says next time you'll be so luck to not tag a pole or roll over. Ask fro the $$ back and get something else.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
you need to ask what grade of stainless they use... 304 stainless will breakdown from foul weather and break easily. 316 is preferred.
however - I would reccomend longer coils - I mean the price difference isnt worth your life!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.