DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· '00 Dango
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run into this product before? ReVolt Battery Addative? The corporation I work for (800+ locations and over 15K pieces of equipment) evaluated it for several months. They found it to be so remarkable that they deemed it be put into every battery we own. Got the first shipment last week and put some in my D's battery...WOW! It truly is suprising! Ever notice that your D runs better and accels better when you put a new high-end battery in? I ran mine all weekend and was impressed with the increased accel. I have the 4.7 w/ the coil over the spark plugs and can only assume that the increased current from the battery provided more powerful spark in the cylinder. Anyone else try this product? Not sure if I am just imagining things. Too big of a gain to be imagining though. It is a new product and I have not been able to find any info on it on the iternet. Don't even know where to buy it. Would like to put it in my other vehicles. Anyone know who sells it? Unfortunately we don't sell it at work.

· Registered
3,712 Posts
When the vehicle is in operation and particularly above idle, the vehicle is running off of the alternator. The battery is not powering a thing, just receiving a charge. It won't work on the D, the computer will shut it down but on older vehicles, you can pull the battery out after the vehicle is running.

· '00 Dango
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not entirely true. When full electric draw is taken, such as night time with lights on, stereo on, and accelleration, your alternator does not provide enough volts to power everything. Your battery is called upon more often than you might think, albeight in short bursts. With the coil over each spark plug on the 4.7 you can experience smaller current and thus cooler ignition temps resulting in less than optimal chamber combustion during high electrical draw times. Same reason behind getting a high output alternator with offroad lighting systems and larger stereos. An alternator works in conjunction with your battery it is not a replacement while driving (although you can drive if your battery fails, you will not be able to run all of your normal electrical components in the manner you might normally.)

· (_)& (_)& (_)&
507 Posts
im going to google it, but wasnt there an urban legend about putting an asprin in there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.