DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was trying to search for it my search gave me no result but i know some of you guys have done it so heres what i would like to do. i want to add 2 4-5 inch lights on my rear bumper and connect them to my trailer wire hook up and use them as reverse lights but i would also like them to stay on when i am hooking up my trailer and the truck is not in reverse. i have also seen a light that looked like it was made to do that so can you guys post up the way you did yours.

thanks
shae leblanc

· Registered
286 Posts
Here's how I did mine. I used 1"x1" angle to put them where I wanted. I wanted them to sit back behind the bumper a few inches. I just have them on a switch.

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet i like that one of my main reasons i want some is that i have limo tint over factory tint on the back glass and i cant see when i am hooking up my boat and quad trailer at night.

· Registered
1,277 Posts

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
avengerdude are yours on a switch also ?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
There was a write up on this at one time. Try a search, it may be in the general forum. It showed how to wire them up to do what you want. I know one company makes a hitch plug with built in lighting as well.

KB

· Registered
1,277 Posts
yessir

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have seen a picture of the one thats the hitch light i searched and i couldnt find it. i will try a little harder afterwhile

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
theres one guy on here that cut his bumper and mounted his lights into it flush. very sharp and clean IMO, i dont remember his name but i'm sure he'll post up

· Registered
22,981 Posts

· Registered
22,981 Posts

· Registered
22,981 Posts

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think i would like that one the whitenight if i can afford it. or i will wire up some regular ones with that wiring diagram

· Registered
2,632 Posts
i got the $15 walmart specials mounted under my bumper with a switch. works just the way i need to.

· Registered
542 Posts

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think i am going to do the walmart specials with the wireing kit set up like the kc lights accept leave the switch mounted somewhere on the bumper so when i am back there i can just turn them on from there also. and i will wire them up to the reverse lights

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
Nathan K said:
theres one guy on here that cut his bumper and mounted his lights into it flush. very sharp and clean IMO, i dont remember his name but i'm sure he'll post up

04Ram2500HEMI :cool:

· Registered
19 Posts
rb513 said:
04Ram2500HEMI :cool:

Thank you for that! I was looking all over for that pic the other day and could not find it. Dose anyone know what what type/size those lights are?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.