DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy spot to get to the reverse light wire from in the cab. Trying to avoid running a wire out of the cab just to wire my reverse camera. I know I could find it under the truck.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i believe the one on my truck was black with a purple stripe.

·
over 100,000
382 Posts
Which wires on the tail light did u connect to

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any idea on location though. I'm looking for it in the cab.

I know I can find it in the harness that runs under the truck to the taillights but that is what I'm trying to avoid. Tapping into it in the cab would be much easier, if I just knew where to look.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I tied into the power and ground wire, just before it went to the reverse light bulb, about 3" back, cant remember the color of wire, by the way mine is a 2007 so the colors might vary

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so the reverse light wire that runs from the tail lights through the harness to the front of the truck is purple with a black stripe. The harness runs from the rear along the driver side frame rail all the way to the engine compartment. I tapped into it where the wires have connectors on them. just behind the front left tire along the frame and next to one of the cab mounts. then ran the wire through the firewall, where some other wires are, and then to the radio.

works great, I'll get some pics in the daylight

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grayson said:
Your first picture, where is that taken from? (Little disoriented, thanks.)
The pic was taken from the left side of the truck, looking up under the drivers door, just behind the LF wheel well. I labeled the pic below

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.