DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Illinois Boy
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didnt quite find what the stock max rev limiter is. Today comming home from work I WOT from a 15mph roll and and i was climbing speed, 3000, 4000 and still pulling hard, I looked away and looked back and it was past 5,000rpm, id say 5100 to 5200MAX and i was like uh o and let of the gas quick. Are they supposed to rev that high? Other than that, I love the top end these things have. 3,000+ is amazing

·
Registered
64 Posts
With my 3.9 I can run it to the red line in 3rd and in other gears if I put my foot in it I can rev it well into the 5000 rpm range easily. I'm no car expert but I can't see why this should be wrong if you're giving it hell and as long as it doesn't surpass the red line.

·
Illinois Boy
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright sounds ok then. I havent went past 4500in shifts now when I get on it. I must have REALLY got on it that time.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
I can my my v10 to 5 grand.

Sopunds normal to get over 5K out of an 8 cyl.

·
Registered
64 Posts
After I put the reply up I was driving around and I looked down and realized my post was wrong. I was thinking that redline was at the 6000 RPM range not at 5000. So, actually I can run it up to about 4800 RPM or so if I put my foot in it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When left in drive, and run WFO at the strip, :drivingz: my Ram shifts at 4750. Best of 16.92, but normally 17.10s.
I've never really put it in low, and let it run run out......
But now that I think about, I'll have to try it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.