DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a call from my dealership and they told me that my drive shaft (3rd one now) if finally in with all the new parts from ProComp. I went up there and they said it would be a while and that I get a one day rental. As a rental I got a 2 wheel drive dodge. I don't know how you guys do it. I have never driven anything but mine so I wonder. Do they all make your kidneys hurt? It rode like crap and handled even worse.

On a good note ProComp might be compensating me a bit for the 4-6 months I have been without my 4-wheel Drive. Anyone have the ProComp mud tires?

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
They told you it would be a while for a front driveshaft install? I installed mine in less than a half an hour. It's just four bolts with some thread lock and a hose clamp at the transfer case. :huh:
I don't own the pro comp mud tires but i'm picking up a set of BFG MT's next week and my tire guy said that for a few bucks less i could get the pro comps and according to him the performance is easily as good.
This is one mans opinion but he is a "tire" guy, for what that's worth.

He also said to expect 20-30k depending on driving habits.

Either way, take pro comp for all their worth.

p.s. My custom drive shaft is flawless so far, even under the punishment i give it every other week. Hopefully you have good luck this time around.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
ce2, you also got to think, it probably was further back in the list of trucks in the shop

so it might only take them 30 minutes to do it, it might take them 6 hours to get to it

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
List schmist! They have been hanging this guy out to dry for a while now. There is no reason at all that they can't take a few minutes to throw his shaft on and get him on his way. They make you drop of the truck for the day anyway so how is Joe Blow who's caravan is in for a radiator flush gonna know that Slapnuts jumped him in line?

It is in the best interest of the dealership to make him happy at this point as it is their only hope of ever selling him another vehicle.
Makes perfect sense...doesn't mean it will happen.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
I wouldn't expect a dealer to screw someone else over just to appease me

different attitudes I guess

of course, he got a free day's ride in someone elses truck

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my truck wasnt at the back of the line. But they were short techs there that day. They also did my 33k services while it was there, flashed my computer with the transmission update(which i got off here and was a newer and more updateed TSB than they had) and had the DS door seal replaced. My dealership has been great through the whoel thing with this drive shaft. I couldnt be happier with their work. And they are checking on compensation for me from procomp. Love haveing my 4-wheel drive back though,

·
Registered
3 Posts
driveshaft question

You've mentioned having to replace the driveshaft a few times with your procomp lift. Is this a late model 2400 4x4? And, is that a shaft made by procomp to replace the factory one, or are you just blowing out the factory one? If it is a procomp piece, are they replacing the double cordin joint with a CV?

Thanks,
Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.