DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,... Here are my Results Before and After Installing a Jet Chip Stage II in to my 2005 4.7l Dakota.

I got approximately an extra 16.7 HP and 20.3 Torq by adding the Jet Chip Stage II to my truck.

While viewing the GTech RR Results Please Keep In Mind there are Many Variables the GTech Does not take in to consideration that isn't a concern when doing runs on a Chassis DYNO when getting HP and Torq Results such as Aerodynamic Drag or Wind Resistance because it's not actually moving thru the Air, Instead it's stationary and on rollers. If you view the FAQ's at GTechPro.com you can see just how many factors there are that can give you different readings.

Also I did not go thru and make sure that the RPM's were properly calibrated so results will be skewed slightly as far as Redline and Shift RPM's.

I did not make any changes to any of the settings on the GTech from the before and after test, I wanted to make sure that the test was done using the same settings to get proper results readings on the Before and After test.

When Viewing Images it's best to have your browser window set to Full Screen vs. Window Mode.

Click Here to view the GTech Main Window Pic.

Click Here to view Tab 1 Results.

Click Here to view Tab 2 Results.

Click Here to view Tab 3 Results.

Click Here to view Tab 4 Results.

Click Here to view Tab 5 Results.

Click Here to view Tab 6 Results.

About a year ago I had my Truck DYNO'ed after installing my F&B 70mm TB and my truck had about 190 HP and 260 Torq then, If I remember correctly so I know these figures are a bit off, I've found that the GTech is great at measuring differences from different mods that have been added or removed from a vehicle as long as you haven't changed any of the settings on the GTech so that you can compare the different readings with each other.

I believe that for the price of the Jet Chip Stage II and the amount of HP and Torq Gained vs. Price, The Jet Chip is a pretty good buy if there isn't already a better performance tuner out there already for your vehicle.

Jim.

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Runs 1 & 2 were done on 09.22.06 and Runs 3 & 4 were done today 09.27.06.

Jim.

·
Alcohol Aficionado
283 Posts
Thanks for posting those! I'm glad it worked out for you, that's pretty close to the gains you'd get out of a Hypertech or Superchips for a little less $$$. Did you do those runs on premium gas?

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Steve-O" I'm using 94 octane, Thats the highest the gas station had, The chip requires 91 octane.

"BulldogBreed" Not that I know of, I've read where people have "said" that, But I've never once seen any proof of it, Plus if it does I'll know about it if the GTech reports anything different.

Jim.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for taking the time for posting your stats Im looking to do the same thing down the road.I was looking over all of the stats spreads & I didn't see where you had 190HP all I saw was the gains up to 165ish.Am I missing something eles.
Thanks in advance.

Blu_

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blu_Dak said:
Thanks for taking the time for posting your stats Im looking to do the same thing down the road.I was looking over all of the stats spreads & I didn't see where you had 190HP all I saw was the gains up to 165ish.Am I missing something eles.
Thanks in advance.

Blu_
Blu_Dak Thanks for stopping by :rck:

The 190HP was when i had my Truck on a Dyno Machine and before the JetChip and TrueFlow Intake were installed.

I had my Truck Dyno'ed after I installed my F&B 70mm TB.
If you re-read the post, the #'s are off a bit due to Air Drag and other factors that a Dyno Machine don't have to worry about, these #'s were thru my GTech Pro RR Performance Reader.
More info about the Gtech can be found here: http://www.gtechpro.com if your not sure what that device is or does.

Jim. :rck:

·
Registered
207 Posts
05Dakota CC said:
Blu_Dak Thanks for stopping by :rck:

The 190HP was when i had my Truck on a Dyno Machine and before the JetChip and TrueFlow Intake were installed.

I had my Truck Dyno'ed after I installed my F&B 70mm TB.
If you re-read the post, the #'s are off a bit due to Air Drag and other factors that a Dyno Machine don't have to worry about, these #'s were thru my GTech Pro RR Performance Reader.
More info about the Gtech can be found here: http://www.gtechpro.com if your not sure what that device is or does.

Ok I think I get it.......these are the readings above & beyond our initial 230 HP (stock 4.7 & 260 HP 4 the 4.7 H.O.) right? :crazy:

Blu_

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blu_Dak said:
Ok I think I get it.......these are the readings above & beyond our initial 230 HP (stock 4.7 & 260 HP 4 the 4.7 H.O.) right? :crazy:

Blu_
[EXAMPLE]
Okay,... We all know the `05 Dakota is pushing out more than 140 HP.

So lets say this GTech device says that your truck is only putting out 140hp.
So now 140hp is the new base line HP for the truck.
Now you decide you want to add a new intake to your truck so you install it and then you go out with the GTech to see if the reading has changed any so you go out and tear the streets up, You press the little button for Drag Strip Mode and you start testing your truck several times to compare the readings, Now the GTech is saying your putting out 150hp. So now you can tell that your getting an extra 10hp just by adding your intake to your truck and you keep testing it over and over after each Mod you add to your truck.

To get a True and Accurate HP & Torq readings I recommend taking your Vehicle to a real indoor DYNO Machine that way you can compare the Dyno results with the GTech results.

I'm sure that if you messed around with the settings for the GTech like Weight of the vehicle and some of the other settings that you can get it reading pretty close to what the Dyno says...

It's hard to explain unless you actually have a GTech to see what i mean by playing around with it's settings but if you visit the GTechpro website and some of the Mustang sites it might help you to better understand how it works. I don't know why but a lot of Ricers and Mustang owners use this GTech device so thats where i went to learn as much as i could about it.

Hope i havent confused anyone even more. :crazy:

Jim.

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
P.S.

As far as the 180 stat goes,... I live down in South Florida and it gets pretty hot here in the summer times and it'd be pretty hard to keep the engine temps that low anyway so that is why i didnt go with the 180 stat. If i lived in a cooler temperature wise State I would have installed one but living so far south i couldnt see where it'd help me much.

If anyone here that lives in a Hotter Southern State that owns a 180 stat and would like to say somethings, I'm interested in what you have to say and what your results are.

Thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
im confused, if you live in a hot climate...shouldnt u want a 180 thermostat...i thought those things bring down the temp of your engine, which is what u should want living in a hot climate...i think :huh:

·
Registered
36 Posts
How does the Jet Chip run on 87octane

I was wondering how the Jet chip stage 2 runs on 87 octane.

Really looking for MPG with a little more power. I usually always use 87 Gas

any comments,

Thanks,

Paul
4wd, 4.7 V8

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
loosescrews said:
I was wondering how the Jet chip stage 2 runs on 87 octane.

Really looking for MPG with a little more power. I usually always use 87 Gas any comments,

Thanks,

Paul
4wd, 4.7 V8
The Stage 2 requires 91 or better.

Jim.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.