DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to reply to the already started thread but everytime i hit reply it said document 404 error.
anyway i have a 1995 ctd 12 valve what and all do i need to run 75% wvo 25% diesel. If i read correct just get alot of wvo do a lot of really good straining and poor into my tank or should i put some gasoline or grey bottle of deisel clean. by the way i live in delaware not to cold out but 75 to25 to be safe. any info would be great. thanks in advanced.

J.W.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Hold on J-Dub, still awful cold to start experimenting with WVO.
Pour some inna bowl and set it next to your truck then check it out in the morning.
Chances are it'll be as hard as candle wax.
There's folks trying that stuff but they're prepared with lots of experienced folks who do use the stuff. They use heated auxilary tanks, start the engine on regular diesel and don't open the valve on the WVO until the stuff is plenty hot. Then you gotta do the reverse drill on shutting it down....shutting off the WVO and let the engine run on regular diesel until all the WVO is out of the injector pump. Looks like a chore to me.

Now convert your good clean WVO to biodiesel is another matter entire.
Google up "biodiesel" and enjoy the reading...I did. I don't make the stuff but it's good reading.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
That was a pretty good one wasn't it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wvo

so if it is 32 degrees out where i live here would it be safe to run 50/50. if it is would i need any added chemicals and if so what would i need. i think if i read the link right 50/50 would be fine if not some added rug which i think is regular unleaded gas.

thanks for all the info

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I won't pour any WVO/concoction stuff in my tank...maybe up to 20% commercial made biodiesel (from soybean) after April but that's it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Spring through fall when temp. don't go below 50 I run up to a 75% wvo in my tank. Filter it down to 3 microns and expect to change your filter ( I carry an extra) Truck runs just fine,no problems. Even shut off the error code for the fuel pump after a couple of tanks. No special mods required on the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.