DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE ARE CHANGING THE PCM ON A 2002 NEON. THE PCM HAS A FEATURE THAT WON`T LET THE CAR START UNTIL IT SEES THE SAME V.I.N. AS THE VEHICLE. THERE SHOULD BE A WAY THE LET IT PROGRAM IT SELF BUT WE ARE TRYING TO FIND IT. ON GM CARS YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO A SERIES OF KEY CYCLES AND IT PROGRAMS THE VIN RIGHT TO THE PCM. SO WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE PROCEDURE IS TO PROGRAM THE DODGE PCM. ANYHELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED, THANKS. JOE :help:

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Well Joe! I would imagine that it will have to be taken to a Dodge Dealership to be programed with the right VIN#. Dodge don't work like the GM cars. Srry

The first gen Neon pcm's don't require you to program a Vin#. Tho it is recomended by the people @ Mopar Performance. BTW: I am going to remove the post you made in the TOTM/COTM forum. It's not a tech forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You For The Reply, I Have Been Reseaching This Problem And Found That I Can Do The Reprogram Of The Vin With A Drb3 Scan Tool. But It Seems Hard To Find This Tool Even After Market. Doyou Know Anyone That Has One For Sale? This Would Help Out My Shop Alot Since We Do Alot Of Car Rebuilding. Let Me Know. Thanks, Joe

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
I would have no idea bro! Maybe get ahold of the guys at Mopar Performance or Modernperformance and see what they know about the scan tool. Also you could try getting in touch with Gary Howell of Howell Automotive and see if he knows anything about the tool. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.