DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like my muffler needs to be replaced, so what do you guys suggest?

I should point out that I don't want a loud exhaust, and I don't want dual exhaust. I know a lot of guys will say to just ax the catalytic converter and do a dual system, but I don't want to do that. I'm not opposed to a good single system, and I don't mind if it has a little sound, but I definately don't want a loud exhaust, or an exhaust that drones as I'm going down the road.

2004 4.7 Quad 4X4

As always, Thanks!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I picked up a magnaflow 12289 model. I got it from stylintrucks.com for 100 bucks shipped.

If you leave the stock resonator on you won't notice much of a noise gain unless your really high in the rpms.

I think its perfect for you because there really isn't any noise difference than stock.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Look at Gibson. They make mufflers and you can even install it yourself if you are good at cutting and clamping.

Magnaflow is nice - if you want to run what everyone else is running.

·
Registered
146 Posts
As always I would recommend the AeroExhaust AT3030XL. Leave stock resonater/s in place and just replace the old muffler with this one. Very quite while idling, fairly quite while driving normally but has a very nice deep rumble to it when you put your foot in it. Also has little to no drone while cruising down the highway.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I have the stock muffler to my truck yet. It has less then 10,000 miles on it. Depending on where you live in MN we might be able to do a swap or something. I live pretty close to Worthington (SW corner of MN).

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
20" case Dynomax Super Turbo. If you dump it after the axel it will reduce the sound even more.

·
Blue Dodge Ram
317 Posts
I am running a dynomax ultra flo not too loud for me and the kids with the resonator on. Have sound cliip in sig with stock piping.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My vote is the Jones Performance full boar muffler. Basically like the flowmaster but better in my opinion. Only loaud when you punch your foot through the floor.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Just pick up a Walker( or whatever brand they carry )OE replacement muffler at the local parts store. Doesn't sound to me like you want a performance muffler at all.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
gibson single in single out....

it is exactly what you want

·
The White Collar *******
1,807 Posts
Plenty of suggestions here...

But I know what you don't want... and thats a Cherry Bomb Extreme ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.