DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right now i'm still running the stock Goodyear Wrangler SR-As - 265/65R17 - and the tread is almost completely gone. I'm in the market to get some replacements within the next two weeks.

My durango has the Eibachs and torision drop in the front and was wondering if I could fit a tire size of 265/70R17 with the drop?

What tires would you guys recommend? Looking for all season and preferably not a foreign company such as Nitto or Yokohama...

EDIT: Would like to keep price per tire under $180-200 if possible

·
Registered
195 Posts
Why not Nitto or Yokahama?

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd prefer to stay with American brands, but if you can convince me that a foreign brand tire is just as good if not better than an American brand such as BFGoodrich, then i'll reconsider. One tire that comes to mind that is not american and seems to be a good tire is the Nitto Terra Grappler.

How are the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I know you said it.. but

YOHOHAMA!!!!!!

:p sorry, I have yokohama geolander HT/S for my summers, they're more of a highway tire, they make the Geolander AT/S which is an all terrain... The HT/S I love them.. I can blast down the highway towing, pass people at speeds up to 140-150km(been faster, but not with the trailer) and it's very very stable. The HT/S is a very long wearing tire and has a low rolling resistance (aka better for mpg).

I also run the Yokohama Geolander ITS+ for my winter tires... so far I like them. Only kinda been stuck once... but I was climbing a steep bumpy alley and I buried the pass door half way up in snow, so not really the tires fault.

My next summer set will be Geolanders as well... just trying to decided between the AT/S and the HT/S... The AT's are loaded rated, meaner look, last pretty good, the HT's last about the same, just a touch longer, slightly better rollling resistance, but handle better(curves and higher speeds) so I'm thinking I'll stick with the HTs.. I guess depends if there is a sale when I buy or not.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How good are the Nitto Terra Grappler? Do they have a long tread life or do they wear fast? I'm looking to get pretty good life out of these tires. I'm looking for a pretty aggressive tread as well.

Should I go with 265/65R17 or 265/70R17??? The price difference is not a major deciding factor.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
For size you want to try and stick with the same overall diameter so your speedo will be accurate... I have 265/65/17 on mine i think. I was debating going to 285's but it would be purely for looks.. so prolly not, also depends on the offset/backspacing of what ever rims I get.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I personally like the Nitto Terra Grapplers have pretty good tread life about 40-50,000 mile tire if you go to National Tire you can get certificats for the tires if they wear too fast they will replace the tire free of charge.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nitto's are made in the USA. It says right on the sidewall...

·
Swamp Yankee
1,201 Posts
Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, check the tread on them, you'll love em....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nitto's are made in the USA. It says right on the sidewall...
I didn't realize that until i looked after you posted it. Have you enjoyed your tires?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I love my Nitto's. I don't think I'd buy another all-terrain ever again. And plus, I've got 50k on them. And for what you're looking to spend, the Nitto's fall into that category. And as a bonus, if you wanted to stay with the factory size, the Terra Grapplers come in that size. (265/65R17)

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, didn't know Nitto was made in the U.S.A. I thought it was japanese (by the sound of the name :D).

I know it varies with each tire installer, but how much do you think I could get Nitto Terra Grappler 265/65R17 installed per tire?

·
Registered
195 Posts
They run about $140 a tire.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a question & I'm looking for some input. I have an '04 D w/ the 4.7L engine in it & I currently have 3 different tires on it (sorry but that's how i bought it). However I want to stay w/ the 17s as I'm planning on have the stock rims powder coated. I want to go "wider", so what size tire would you recommend?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
depends how wide you want to go 305 possibly... 285 is the widest I would go personally.. just cause.

typically the wider you go the more you hurt milage.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.