DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
shifter handle

go to butweet's gallery.he's gotta sweet little shifter.

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
I got a Momo airleather/alloy one. Its round and I like the feel better. All you have to do is unscrew the original. The Momo attached via 3 holding screws and didn't utilize the threads.

I found this site after the fact: http://flameball.com. Very nice stuff. Also I think a nice chrome skull would work :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
MattRobertson said:
I got a Momo airleather/alloy one. Its round and I like the feel better. All you have to do is unscrew the original. The Momo attached via 3 holding screws and didn't utilize the threads.

I found this site after the fact: http://flameball.com. Very nice stuff. Also I think a nice chrome skull would work :D
Let me know how long it takes for the set screws to need to be tightened. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Six months on my shift knob, and had to tighten the set-screws.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Think a little lock tite might be in order or are they cutting a grove in the shifter?

I remember in the old days they used to supply a nylon insert that you put in the shifter knob then you could screw it on the threads. Wasn't the greatest but it worked for a while.

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
flhthemi said:
Think a little lock tite might be in order or are they cutting a grove in the shifter?
Don't want to open 'er up to find out. Its tight in there for now, but I've got some red Loctite somewhere that I've made good use of over the years.

Worst case I get out one of my teeny files, do surgery to repair the grooves as best I can and then put on one o' them cool flame balls.

Reminds me of the first rule of gunsmithing: Its a lot easier to file metal off than it is to put it back on again.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My knob came with assorted sized rubber sleeves that weren't threaded. I just picked the appropriate size and slipped it over the handle, followed by the knob. Then secured it with three set-screws. I think I'm actually going to paint the satin finish on my original knob "Inferno red" and put it back on.
flhthemi said:
I remember in the old days they used to supply a nylon insert that you put in the shifter knob then you could screw it on the threads. Wasn't the greatest but it worked for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.