DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one here ever put the new gauge faces on thier truck? I bought a set from someone on ebay (made by Nu Image). I figured I would start small with the ac panel before I tackled the gauges. It is easy to remove the old face. But getting the glue off that is left behind is driving me nuts. It says in the instructions that you should not use any solvents to remove the glue (as it might damage your cluster) but I have been working on the ac panel for 45 minutes, and I'm not even a 3rd of the way done.

Is there an easy way to get this off that I am missing? (I tried a blow dryer, didnt seem to help)

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
When I replaced my gauge face I did not remove anything off the cluster, and it looks just fine. Of course I really did not have much glue on there after pulling off the old face.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an FYI for anyone that plans to replace the guage faces and other panels, the ac panel is the hardest part. After that the headlight switch cover and guages were a piece of cake.
I think they look awsome. :rck:

Attachments

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts
Here's a couple pics of my gauges. My interior is a little different than yours, though. I have the old style. I was able to just slip my faces over the old ones without removing the old faces or the needles, but yours will be one piece, so you will more than likely have to remove the needles. Anyways, the first one is an older one from before I painted the dash, the second is a little newer, and the third is a night shot with the needles dimmed out.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
2 questions justcuz, 1) what color is your truck??, I bought mine used and it was repainted from silver to a blue that appears to be the same as yours. 2) is your dash bezel painted or an overlay?? btw, interior looks awesome

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts
jhammell said:
2 questions justcuz, 1) what color is your truck??, I bought mine used and it was repainted from silver to a blue that appears to be the same as yours. 2) is your dash bezel painted or an overlay?? btw, interior looks awesome
My truck is Brilliant Blue, I believe the paint code for it is PCH. The dash is painted, as are the overhead console and the little cover under the dash. I wet sanded them down smooth, primed them with some special primer for plastics, then painted them with regular automotive paint and clear coat. The paint on the dash actually looks better than the paint on the truck, but I'm hoping to change that soon. Thanks for the compliments! I have plans to paint more inside of it possibly this summer, so hopefully I'll get that done. Heres a couple more pics though! (Seemed like a good opportunity to post some :D )

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
:VHOT: These gauge faces look fantastic,, Too Bad for us canucks that they do not make any in Metric! Otherwise I would love to get the flame gauges. I thought of using them anyway but they would not work when reading the speedo in MP/H and the odometer in KM/H. :mad:

·
Registered
75 Posts
thanks for the info justcuz, hope you won't mind my stealing your idea because it looks awesome. Now I just hope I have the same color and mine is not some kind of custom mix

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts
Don't mind at all! Good luck and POST PICS!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
hey bro your truck looks awesome you have done a great job with it

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts
Thanx! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.