DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure yet if it's going to be necessary, but need to be prepared! I've searched this forum and recommended links without much luck. Can someone explain how I would go about purchasing a new fuel (gas) tank for my '97 Dodge Ram Van B3500 (if that's even possible???)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Following, I haven't come to that time. I would like to make a fuel tap whenever I get around to buying a petrol heater. (Ford Transit has in-line tap for accessories)
I hope I won't need to replace my tank.
I'm thinking junkyard or custom made.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 B350 360cid 15 Passenger
68 Posts
If you are in the Mid-NC area , there seems to be a hot streak of 1997 models going on at area LKQ salvage yards. Currently 5 - 1997 models on hand between GSO, Raleigh, and Durham locations. Plus a 1994 and a 1974

All of them should be local rust-free vehicles going by the pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are in the Mid-NC area , there seems to be a hot streak of 1997 models going on at area LKQ salvage yards. Currently 5 - 1997 models on hand between GSO, Raleigh, and Durham locations. Plus a 1994 and a 1974

All of them should be local rust-free vehicles going by the pictures.
Thank you! I'm going to try a few things before I give up on this tank, but this information is very helpful. Sure hope I don't waste money with the initial attempts only to find out I really do need a new tank! Hate when that happens!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Uh I don't know why your replacing tank---you could make a tap in the fuel line after the in-tank pump but you would have make all types of safety switches rollover/shut off/on--there's a lot of particulars involved here--if there's anything mfg has to do this I would go that route--check with gas heater mfg and see if they have a set up for that vehicle or send you some place (camper conversions) that has that setup--so you don't go down in flames

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not sure yet if it's going to be necessary, but need to be prepared! I've searched this forum and recommended links without much luck. Can someone explain how I would go about purchasing a new fuel (gas) tank for my '97 Dodge Ram Van B3500 (if that's even possible???)
Lots of these on car-part.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts